PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin glitch on Sunday?

julierika
06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
We went to see the Aladdin stage show at DCA yesterday (Sun June 24). We've seen it many times but not recently. Aladdin and Jasmine didn't fly on the magic carpet, instead they danced on the stage during that song. Genie didn't fly at the end. Was something broken and that was Plan B (their dancing was choreographed) or is it a permanent change to the show?

raediance
06-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Hopefully it was just a Plan B. The magic carpet part is my cousins' favorite part.

bigrockstar
06-25-2007, 10:17 PM
During my last trip, Jasmine's solo came up, but Jasmine wasn't on stage! We all sat there, staring at an empty stage for about 3 silent minutes! It was rather humorous at the time, but thinking back, I hope everyone was okay... The audience was becoming anxious, but there was no announcement before Jasmine (or her understudy) came on and performed. You should have heard the applause!

cynthia312
06-27-2007, 02:02 AM
During my last trip, Jasmine's solo came up, but Jasmine wasn't on stage! We all sat there, staring at an empty stage for about 3 silent minutes! It was rather humorous at the time, but thinking back, I hope everyone was okay... The audience was becoming anxious, but there was no announcement before Jasmine (or her understudy) came on and performed. You should have heard the applause!

LOLS!!!!! :D I was actually laughing out loud when I was reading that. Haha. Must of been one weird, awkward moment.
"Lucky bird..instead a gilded cage...."
*You see complete emptiness on the stage.*
....And everyone's reaction was :confused: or :eek:

Haha....very funny!

Another Dimension
06-27-2007, 12:07 PM
The Magic Carpets, the 'flying carpet' above the crowd and the 'levitating carpet' on the stage at the end of "A Whole New World", have had varied technical problems, many downtimes and many refurbs since Aladdin opened.

One of the reasons some in management want Aladdin to soon bow out.
It's pretty expensive to run and maintain.