PDA

View Full Version : Country Bear

plutostyle
06-24-2002, 01:49 PM
Why did they get rid of Country Bear Jamboree, especially with the new movie coming out? I miss the bears already. Will the movie satisfy my loss?

peasy
06-24-2002, 02:01 PM
I went to see Lilo and Stitch on opening night and they played the preview for Country Bears and it looked pretty horrid. The bears look nothing like the good old-fashioned Country Bear Jamboree bears. They look bloated and happy. They tried to give them current day lingo to talk so it sounds really strange. They used a lot of computers for the movement also and it far removes this movie from anything authentic from the original show in Disneyland. Sorry, but I think you'll be disappointed. I don't even plan on spending money to see the show.

dizneelover
06-24-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by plutostyle
Why did they get rid of Country Bear Jamboree, especially with the new movie coming out? I miss the bears already. Will the movie satisfy my loss?

I believe their last day of performance was September 9th 2001

LIMANDL4EVA
06-24-2002, 05:06 PM
yeah it was...i was there at the second to last show...sadly though the timing was off and some bears didnt make their rotations so there was rufus standing still with teddi berra singing...(SOMETHING LIKE THAT)
just two days later...the inevitable happened

MonorailMan
06-24-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by peasy
I went to see Lilo and Stitch on opening night and they played the preview for Country Bears and it looked pretty horrid. The bears look nothing like the good old-fashioned Country Bear Jamboree bears. They look bloated and happy. They tried to give them current day lingo to talk so it sounds really strange. They used a lot of computers for the movement also and it far removes this movie from anything authentic from the original show in Disneyland. Sorry, but I think you'll be disappointed. I don't even plan on spending money to see the show.

It was never suppose to look the the DL or WDW versions, it was just a movie with a title of the same name. :)

Disneyfreak
06-24-2002, 07:34 PM
That is not true because if you look in front of the country bear jamboree that their is a sign for the new ride going there with the country bears on the picture. It also said you want to know a secret there is a new attraction going in but it does not make sense why they would be introducing pooh. I believe that the country bears will be back but maybe not in the same building. Im convinced that they will be back in some form.