PDA

View Full Version : DCA Kids Free offer is Back !!!!!!!!!

Darkbeer
06-24-2002, 10:07 AM
Just saw a new TV Commercial, SoCal resident offer - "Adults for the Kid's Price, One Kid Free per Paid Adult", offer good thru September 3rd, 2002, so once again two people can get in for just $35 this summer......

So I guess the LA Times article last month was wrong....

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-000035755may21.story

Walt Disney Co.'s California theme parks will not offer any discounted admissions this summer because attendance has been picking up, a spokesman said.

So, they only had one week without a DCA discount, before they had to bring it back!!!!:eek:

SoCalSnowWhite
06-24-2002, 10:41 AM
Guess there's gonna be another argument on that "other" website. Go get 'em Darkbeer!!

Darkbeer
06-24-2002, 10:50 AM
Actually, I want to keep things civil, but yes, point out that sometimes Disney spins things, and then get caught making them look stupid, and Marcie actually agrees with me :eek:

Anyways, Marcie did post information on another new discount.

1) A Two-Park Hopper Pass for $79 per adult and $59 per child. The ticket offer allows the local resident guest to hop between both parks for two days only between now and September 3rd. This is very similar to the offer that was provided over this past Holiday season

Hopefully this will help some folks save some money, but this deal is only $11 less than the Three-day Park Hopper you can get at Disney Stores, etc.....

Pony Sugrue
06-24-2002, 09:20 PM
DCA is running a special again huh?

Why doesn't everyone just go over there now? Why even go to DISNEYLAND when it costs more?

Well, you know how FALCO, BILLY RAY CYRUS, VANILLA ICE, and MC HAMMER are labeled with "NICE PRICE" stickers and THE BEATLES never are. Why would anyone pay more for the BEATLES when there's cheaper music right next to it? Well most people are willing to pay full price for a quality product... even when it's sitting next to something cheaper.

Poor little "Achy Breaky" DCA is trying so hard to get our attention. Too bad "All you need is DISNEYLAND"

mousey_girl
06-25-2002, 07:12 PM
OK, just saw/heard the commercial for the promo... Whoever does their marketing needs to be replaced. The song in the commerical is "California Here We Come". Now I know they mean , DCA here we come, but for a commercial aimed at residents saying over and over California here we come seems a bit...uh...dumb.

They could have done much much better, the comercial looks pretty tossed together, like no time was spent on it at all.

Watching this commercial does not make me want to go to DCA, it just makes me want to turn the channel.

MonorailMan
06-25-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
OK, just saw/heard the commercial for the promo... Whoever does their marketing needs to be replaced. The song in the commerical is "California Here We Come". Now I know they mean , DCA here we come, but for a commercial aimed at residents saying over and over California here we come seems a bit...uh...dumb.

They could have done much much better, the comercial looks pretty tossed together, like no time was spent on it at all.

Watching this commercial does not make me want to go to DCA, it just makes me want to turn the channel.

I disagree, I like the new commercial, the ending with the discount is the best! ;)

Also, they got some nice shots of them Whilte Gloves I like. ;)