PDA

View Full Version : What time do the ticket counters open?

mominmass
06-23-2007, 04:48 PM
If the park opens at 8am and they let you in before that to queue up on Main Street, what time do the ticket counters open?
Thanks for the help.

emmah
06-23-2007, 05:47 PM
my understanding is that when the park opens at 8am, they won't let you in to queue in mainstreet first. if its an EE day, then those with EE get to head in first, but everyone else queues up outside the maingates. As for the ticket offices, my guess would be that if the park opens at 8am, the ticketboxes will be open at 7am.

Malcon10t
06-23-2007, 06:10 PM
If the park opens at 8am and they let you in before that to queue up on Main Street, what time do the ticket counters open?
Thanks for the help.There is no rope drop, so turnstiles don't open til 8am. You don't get to enter til then.

mominmass
06-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Let me reword. If I want to purchase tickets the day I go to the parks, how early are the ticket counters open?

darph nader
06-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Let me reword. If I want to purchase tickets the day I go to the parks, how early are the ticket counters open?

Reread post #2.

The old man
06-24-2007, 06:48 AM
Reread post #2.

"my guess would be that if the park opens at 8am, the ticketboxes will be open at 7am."

Doesn't seem to be the definite answer the OP was looking for.

darph nader
06-24-2007, 08:25 AM
"my guess would be that if the park opens at 8am, the ticketboxes will be open at 7am."

Doesn't seem to be the definite answer the OP was looking for.

Sorry about that,it had been a loooong day.:(

The old man
06-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Sorry about that,it had been a loooong day.:(

And I'd like to know the answer too. Anyone? Is it always a hour before--or?

Malcon10t
06-24-2007, 08:59 AM

Doesn't seem to be the definite answer the OP was looking for.Since Disneyland information states the counters open 1 hour prior to park opening, my guess would also be 7am for an 8am opening. And 8am for a 9am opening. EE does not play into this, nor does rope drop. (And it is 7am.)

The old man
06-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Since Disneyland information states the counters open 1 hour prior to park opening, my guess would also be 7am for an 8am opening. And 8am for a 9am opening. EE does not play into this, nor does rope drop. (And it is 7am.)

I, and the probably the OP, was not aware of this information. That's probably why he/she and I were asking. Sheesh.

AlbertaMinnie
06-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Even better yet......Are you going to be there early enough the day before?? We always redeem our vouchers the day before we want to enter the park - that way we don't risk losing any valuable park time!:)

mominmass
06-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Yes, I will be there the night before. Thanks so much. I was trying to plan in the extra time of purchasing my tickets in the morning, now it is great to know that I can get it done the night before.

Malcon10t
06-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Yes, I will be there the night before. Thanks so much. I was trying to plan in the extra time of purchasing my tickets in the morning, now it is great to know that I can get it done the night before.If you are going for more than 2 days, it would save you a lot to order online and print the tickets out or call WDTC ((714) 520-5060) and order them for WILL CALL. You save $20 on a 3 day, $30 on a 4 day, and $40 on a 5 day ticket.

E-ORLover
06-24-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure where you live, but you can purchase 2,3,4, & 5 day hopper tickets @ a Disney store. Today I was at Albertsons and in their section of gift cards was Disneyland pass hopper tickets as well (I have also seen them at Safeways). Just some extra ideas to avoid the ticket lines and save money (prices where the same as Disney.com and AAA prices).

danyoung
06-25-2007, 08:59 AM
There is no rope drop, so turnstiles don't open til 8am. You don't get to enter til then.

From recent experience, they're still playing with opening sequences. I was there 30 minutes before park open on 3 different days last week. On one day they opened the gates 10 minutes before official opening, then did a rope drop at the end of Main Street. On another day they opened Main Street 30 minutes early, and then did a rope drop on the individual lands, not at the end of Main Street. And then another day they opened the turnstyles right at 8am and didn't have a rope drop at all. I think they're still working on the Nemo situation, trying to come up with the right format for handling that ridiculous queue.

emmah
06-25-2007, 10:32 AM
From recent experience, they're still playing with opening sequences. I was there 30 minutes before park open on 3 different days last week. On one day they opened the gates 10 minutes before official opening, then did a rope drop at the end of Main Street. On another day they opened Main Street 30 minutes early, and then did a rope drop on the individual lands, not at the end of Main Street. And then another day they opened the turnstyles right at 8am and didn't have a rope drop at all. I think they're still working on the Nemo situation, trying to come up with the right format for handling that ridiculous queue.

I'm assuming these were non-EE days?

danyoung
06-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes. I didn't even try an EE morning.

danyoung
06-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes - I didn't even try an EE morning.

Malcon10t
06-25-2007, 10:44 AM
From recent experience, they're still playing with opening sequences. I was there 30 minutes before park open on 3 different days last week. On one day they opened the gates 10 minutes before official opening, then did a rope drop at the end of Main Street. On another day they opened Main Street 30 minutes early, and then did a rope drop on the individual lands, not at the end of Main Street. And then another day they opened the turnstyles right at 8am and didn't have a rope drop at all. I think they're still working on the Nemo situation, trying to come up with the right format for handling that ridiculous queue.According to their schedule, Mon-Wed should not have had rope drop. Thurs and Friday should have had rope drop (they didn't open til 9am.) Maybe Thurs rope drop was late due to clean up still? Dunno...

The Real Cinderella
06-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but on days the park opens at 8 a.m. there is (typically) no rope drop, right?

Malcon10t--it appears that our trips overlap! I will keep an eye out for you and your puppy.

danyoung
06-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, Saturday morning was 8am opening. They opened Main Street at 7:30am, and did the rope drop at the individual lands (not at the end of Main Street). As I said, I think they're still adjusting the format for Nemo. They also try to send everyone that's headed for Nemo up Matterhorn Way, and not through Tomorrowland. But it's still chaos trying to find where the line is starting.