PDA

View Full Version : Our old friends from the Country Bear Jamboree ...

The Real Cinderella
06-23-2007, 01:21 PM
I was reading one of the 50th Anniversary books (Disneyland, Then, Now, Forever), and there was a little blurb about Max, Buff, and Melvin. You'll remember them as the talking animal heads on the wall of the Country Bear Jamboree. The caption reads "Today, the Jamboree is gone, but its favorite threesome still presides over ... well, that's the surprise. Keep your eyes open!"

I've wracked my brain and can't think of where these crazy kids are hiding. Anyone know?

nojarama
06-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Inside the "Pooh" ride... of course!(towards the exit).;) If you search for Pooh and/or secrets of Disneyland online, I'm sure you'll find it!

Edit: Here's a link with a shot:
http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Secrets/Critter/Pooh.html

Mrs Mouse
06-23-2007, 01:30 PM
You have to really know where to look, or else it can easily be missed.

As you leave the birthday room in the Pooh ride, turn all the way around and look out the back of your ride vehicle. Hung on the wall right above the doorway that led you into the room is the place where you will find them!

It's a great piece of trivia and a really nice tribute, I think.

EDIT: I don't know if the spoiler tags are necessary, but I thought better safe than sorry.

disneyperson
06-23-2007, 01:40 PM
We pointed them out to some friends of ours on our last trip. I miss the Country bears.:crying:

adriennek
06-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Don't sit in the last row of the honeypot if you want to see them.

Adrienne

disneyperson
06-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Don't sit in the last row of the honeypot if you want to see them.

Adrienne
Good point. The front row is best.

The Real Cinderella
06-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I figured they were in the Pooh ride, it only makes sense, but I couldn't remember ever seeing them. I'll have to keep an eye out on my July trip! Thanks everyone!

experiment626
06-23-2007, 07:06 PM
You won't see them unless you are looking for them really. We say "hi" everytime we go on the ride. The few times we have had others with us, I am sure they thought we were nuts.

kisroo
06-23-2007, 07:28 PM
I pointed them out to Mr kisroo on this trip.

Pooh is fast becoming one of our favorite kid rides. :D Having Melvin et al there only adds to its charm.

~kisroo :)

Cnjp
06-23-2007, 08:05 PM
As you leave the birthday room in the Pooh ride, turn all the way around and look out the back of your ride vehicle. Hung on the wall right above the doorway that led you into the room is the place where you will find them!

Actually...

If you wait until the Birthday room, which is the final scene before you exit, you'll miss them. They are right as you leave the Heffalumps and Woozles room and enter the area where Pooh is on the left hand side in the middle of a wall of honey. When you reach that point, just turn completely around and look up. Max, Buff and Melvin are above the entry way.

Mrs Mouse
06-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks for straightening that out, Cnjp. I couldn't remember exactly which room it was. I think I may have them out of order in my mind! :)

nmjohnston874
06-24-2007, 06:21 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, but I can't seem to find out how they work.

julbright
06-24-2007, 06:44 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, but I can't seem to find out how they work.

just click on them with your mouse and drag while holding dowm your left click, like you are selecting the text

The old man
06-24-2007, 06:45 AM
I was reading one of the 50th Anniversary books (Disneyland, Then, Now, Forever), and there was a little blurb about Max, Buff, and Melvin. You'll remember them as the talking animal heads on the wall of the Country Bear Jamboree. The caption reads "Today, the Jamboree is gone, but its favorite threesome still presides over ... well, that's the surprise. Keep your eyes open!"

I've wracked my brain and can't think of where these crazy kids are hiding. Anyone know?

Strange book-I don't think there's any way you would see them by keeping your eyes open. You really have to be told where to look.

The Real Cinderella
06-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Strange book-I don't think there's any way you would see them by keeping your eyes open. You really have to be told where to look.

I agree! I would have ridden that ride 85 times and never thought to look behind me.

The old man
06-24-2007, 08:50 AM
I agree! I would have ridden that ride 85 times and never thought to look behind me.
Yes I read it--where else?--on MP.

b52hbuff
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Many_Adventures_of_Winnie_the_Pooh_(attraction )

As the ride vehicles leave this scene, a subtle tribute to Country Bear Jamboree is suspended above the archway. The trophy heads of Max the buck, Buff the buffalo and Melvin the moose, audio-animatronics from Country Bear Jamboree, may be spotted if one looks up and backwards while leaving the Heffalump/Woozle room. The heads were not used in the attraction itself but hung in the "Mile Long Bar" snack shop once located outside the exit.