PDA

View Full Version : greatest souvenir under $10

Pages : [1] 2

CaptainTom
06-23-2007, 09:14 AM
hey so what are the greatest souvenirs everyone has found for under $10?

backsthepack
06-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Squished pennies! No kidding. They are by far my favorite things to get.

Mermaid
06-23-2007, 12:54 PM
When my car had an antennae- I loved the antennae toppers. They are about $5.

I also LOVE the pens that have the magnetic characters swinging from the top. They are cute and they are the best pens! The ink comes out smooth and they last forever. Really good quality for a novelty pen. I think they are $5-$6.

emmah
06-23-2007, 12:59 PM
playing cards - i buy a pack every trip - instead of collecting dust or being put away in a box, you get to use them all the time (if you are a card player, i guess).

bloodnswash
06-23-2007, 01:53 PM
I like the fridge magnets for $4.

barely
06-23-2007, 01:54 PM
We got a Sorcerer Mickey figure last September for 12.00 (sorry). You press a button and these things spin around it with multi lights flashing. My five year old (now 6) still plays with it!

JustmyhubbyandI
06-23-2007, 05:11 PM
We have an antennae topper collection and use a little hook at the top and hang them off the rear-view mirror - we also put a couple on the Christmas tree . . . we try to change the topper for the seasons - FUN! ! !

BUT, I am an avid pressed penny collector (not just Disney) - I will be there in 13 days and am inventorying (sp?) my collection so that I know which ones I am missing there is a great site for the list of locations: [URL="http://www.parkpennies.com/disneylandpennychecklists/disneylandchecklist.htm"]

Also the window stickers - are kind of fun . . .

coronado_g
06-23-2007, 06:01 PM
The plush Mickey that hangs on a key chain ring. A great deal for under $10!

hlbtimes2
06-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Popcorn bucket- its a snack and you have something to take home- reuse it for popcorn at home.

Fridge magnets
Autograph books (we have kids)
Pens
Ears, of course
Name tags, with personalized name (can also be made into a magnet or keychain)
Keychain
Christmas tree ornament

While things in the park can be expensive, we've never had a problem finding a nice selection of affordable options.

seanutbutter
06-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Squished pennies! No kidding. They are by far my favorite things to get.

Same here! I've got a book full of them.

seanutbutter
06-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Also, you can't beat just taking pictures--that's usually free. :cool:

darph nader
06-23-2007, 07:29 PM
The 'big' D/L maps at the news-stand out front,$5. (that is,'if' they have any)

yohomama212
06-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Pins. Most pins are still under $10. Pin collecting is a great hobby too!

Elizabeth

bigrockstar
06-23-2007, 09:46 PM
At the gift store near the Pooh ride, there are honey bears shaped like Pooh. Best Souvenir! Here's why:
1) NO TAX for food products!!! Whoopee!:D
2) Fair price for the amount you get.
3) It's darn cute.
4) It's totally refillable.
5) Every time you use it, you'll think of DL.

Disneymademoiselle
06-23-2007, 10:09 PM
At the gift store near the Pooh ride, there are honey bears shaped like Pooh. Best Souvenir! Here's why:
1) NO TAX for food products!!! Whoopee!:D
2) Fair price for the amount you get.
3) It's darn cute.
4) It's totally refillable.
5) Every time you use it, you'll think of DL.

I have that Winnie the Pooh honey bottle, too! It is so incredibly cute :)

geoffa
06-24-2007, 01:26 AM
We got a "rubbery" circular photo frame with Mickey shooting out stars from his fingers. $6. It holds a picture of us with Tinkerbelle on one of our hands. (Those taken by the photographers before you enter under Main Street station.) The result - priceless.

julbright
06-24-2007, 06:47 AM
there is this new thing I saw that I wanted to buy and didn't... :( but it is a rubbery mickey icon on a carabinder key chain that holds a bottle of water and clips to your beltloop, backpack etc.

and pins... of course

Another Dimension
06-24-2007, 11:29 AM
greatest souvenir under $10

(tie) Large Disneyland map / Pics with the Characters & their autographs.
:D

....also the free stuff.
Especially the Mardi Gras beads and various DL paper souvenirs.

DianeM
06-24-2007, 12:49 PM
My husband and I get a fridge magnet from every place we go. We started on our honeymoon. It beats the heck out of elaborate souvenirs, which tend to just clutter up the house, and we can look at our fridge and be reminded every trip we've taken. It does clutter up the fridge a bit, but it's worth it to me. When the fridge is full, I'm going to get a magnetic board and display them elsewhere.

I like the fridge magnets for $4.

kikid
06-24-2007, 01:12 PM
hey so what are the greatest souvenirs everyone has found for under $10?
Happy Birthday Pin from City Hall! Free and Priceless:D

h_lehmann
06-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Hands down the best deal for the price (at least I think it's still less than $10). Get a silhouette done; only takes about a minute, and watching them work is truly magical.

Karin
06-24-2007, 04:43 PM
The best $7 I've ever spent at a Disney Park was for my Tigger Ears headband. I've gotten sooo much use out of those, it's ridiculous!

sjcivilady
06-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I stopped buying antenna toppers for myself, because my new car doesn't have an antenna - but bought one of the 4th of July toppers for my mom (very sparkly) and she has it sitting on her counter - looks cute there. Now I wish I had bought one for myself.
I usually get myself a pin (for my bulletin board in my cubicle at work) and a magnet for my fridge. Got a cute magnet this last trip - the castle with tinkerbelle that slides around. Oh, and a tiny Mickey and Minnie with magnets in their hands - they're hanging on my fridge too.

AlbertaMinnie
06-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Hands down the best deal for the price (at least I think it's still less than $10). Get a silhouette done; only takes about a minute, and watching them work is truly magical.

I second the vote for the Silhouette!! I have mine from when I was young....and now I have them of my children!!! Priceless!!! And yes, for just the silhouette....I believe they are only about 8.00 (for 2).

Inkyprintz
06-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure if these are still sold at any of the parks anymore. They had them for a few years but I haven't seen them recently. They were little votive sized candles in the shape of Mickey's head. They came in a variety of colors and scents. The candles were only $2 each and you could get a Mickey candle plate also for $2. They always made good gifts to bring back.