PDA

View Full Version : Small World Water

layflowers
06-23-2007, 09:06 AM
An incident happened the other day and I wanted to ask you guys about it. I was at Disneyland on Thursday and I was in line for Small World. My daughter and I were the next to board and the CM in the little raised platform kept saying "Stop playing with the water please" over and over. When the next boat came in to disembark, two teenage girls in the front row were soaked head to toe. The front of the boat was soaked too. A CM came and handed the girls paper towels and made them clean it all up. He then told them "You guys better go wash your hands and anywhere else the water touched right away". Then later on after the ride was over, we were in our boat and another man was putting his hand in the water. There was a CM sitting in a chair at the fork before you disembark and he also told this man "You better go wash your hands when you get off the ride". My question is... Did the CM say this because of vomit and spit or because of some other substance or chemical in the water? Sorry this is so long but I was just wondering... that water can't be any dirtier than the water at a water park like Wild Rivers... and people probably do all sorts of gross stuff in THAT water!

BIRDGIRLS
06-23-2007, 09:27 AM
That's pretty weird. I do recall this one time however when it was 90+ degrees outside and it was super hot so me and my friends went to one of those ice cream/soft drink vendors to ask for some ice. He strongly cautioned us not to eat it. We ate it anyways, and we're all still alive..

The Real Cinderella
06-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Scare tactic, perhaps?

seanutbutter
06-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Scare tactic, perhaps?

That's what I'm thinking.

bloodnswash
06-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Scare tactic, perhaps?

I'm thinking the same thing. :)

soccerlady16
06-23-2007, 03:40 PM
That's pretty weird. I do recall this one time however when it was 90+ degrees outside and it was super hot so me and my friends went to one of those ice cream/soft drink vendors to ask for some ice. He strongly cautioned us not to eat it. We ate it anyways, and we're all still alive..

A deli owner I know refuses to get a ice machine at his place because he says most E.coli contamination is found in the ice.

HobbitFeet
06-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Couldn't it just be something like chlorine in the water?

VickiC
06-23-2007, 07:13 PM
More likely lack of chlorine.

Water parks are strictly governed by health codes and must chlorinate their water to maintain an extremely low bacterial count. Since the Small World water is not intended for human bathing I doubt it is regulated to the same level.

darph nader
06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Don't birds fly over the water? Or ducks swim in it at night? If you catch my drift.:eek:
I'm sure it's filtered and such,but better safe then sorry.:|

Bytebear
06-24-2007, 10:09 AM
I would be more concerned about pinched fingers. But maybe the found a poopy diaper in the water earlier that day. You think I am joking but it does happen.