PDA

View Full Version : List of all the Character Lunches/Breakfasts?

SyntheticGlamour
06-22-2007, 05:24 PM
My friends' mother has decided to let my friend and I choose which character breakfast or lunch we go to. I've searched the forum and googled it but I can't find a list and the ones I do find are kinda old. What Characters do have breakfasts and lunches? And which ones are better? I've heard some bad things about the Chip & Dale one. Opinons please! :)

SyntheticGlamour
06-22-2007, 07:24 PM
We figured it out finally, has anyone gone to Ariel's Grotto and was it any good?

MelissaR
06-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Our family (my 6 year old daughter, 8 year old niece and 8mo old son) ate at Ariels in December. The food was better than the buffets we have been to (Lilo and Stich's, Goofy, Plaza Inn) but the character interaction was not as great. It seems, and this is just my opinion and keep in mind that I have only dined there once, that the princesses at Ariels were not as good as the princesses in Disneyland (although I'm sure the Ariels princesses work at DL too). We have been going to Disneyland twice a year for four years and have seen our fair share of princesses (princess crazed girls!), and the ones at Ariels seemed to miss the mark.

Not only were they off in appearance and voice (we have seen and spoken with princesses, in particular Snow White, who we have sworn were the models for the cartoon - I know it's not possible but she was dead on) but they were not as warm and engaging as the princesses in Disneyland. We left feeling like we got the cheap version of the characters. It was probably just the day we went and it was probably just us being character snobs but I don't know that we will be going back.

I vote for Lilo and Stich, great characters and you can order off the menu if you don't like buffet. :)

hlbtimes2
06-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Our experience at Ariels was hit and miss.

I dont like that Ariel no long circulates during the meal. She is available for a photo before you are seated, the other princesses come to your table. They then try to sell you the photo for about $30 while you are eating (tacky in my opinion). We did have a good experience with the princesses that came around. Cinderella remembered us from 3 days before, which was very nice.

I enjoyed my cobb salad and onion soup. My family all tasted my soup and didnt like it. The kids meals were ok, but the servings seemed small on the HUGE plate they were given. The childrens dessert options were very limited- apple with caramel sauce or a fruit and yogurt. The adults had a choice between chocolate cake or an apple dessert. The cake was ok, but a bit dry. The apple dessert was very undercooked. My apples were very hard.

Our only complaint about service was that they never offered us the special of the day. I saw other people eating it, but we were never given the option.

Koala Gurl
06-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Ariels -

Overall I love it! For the price, you get appetizer, entree, dessert and soft drink served to you (I figure the few dollars difference between getting the same type of meal in the park is worth not having to stand in line & serve myself...especially with 2 young kids in a stroller.) Other pros for me...full bar, and the princesses keeping the kiddos entertained so I can enjoy a stress-free meal (well, as stress free as having 2 under 3 can be, LOL!)

Cons - some of the princesses aren't great. We had one super Cinderella...hung out w/ my DD (2 1/2), gave hugs and kisses, and overall just doted on her (we have had this Cinderella a few times.) But, we went on Monday, and I was pretty disappointed...the princesses seemed more interested in speaking w/ each other than w/ the guests. (My one hint...even though my DD doesn't get the whole autograph book thing...if I bring one, it seems to make the princesses stay for a few more seconds. Without it, they have literally posed for one picture than waved bye, and on to the next table.)

But, all things considered...we still try to eat there every time we go. :)

adriennek
06-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Ariel's Grotto (Dinner only - I don't think they do lunch?)

Goofy's Kitchen (All Day)

PCH Grill at Paradise Pier (breakfast only)

Plaza Inn (Breakfast Only)

Storytellers Cafe (Breakfast only)

Adrienne

Koala Gurl
06-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Ariel's does do lunch...I think as early as 11ish??? (I could be wrong about the time, but they definitely do lunch). :)

ChipmunkStar
06-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Goofy's does close for a three hour transition each day from 2pm (closed from Brunch), to reopen for Dinner at 5pm.

And yes, Ariel's does lunch, starting around 11:30.