PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Goofy4Disney
06-21-2007, 09:53 AM
My family & I are leaving for our trip next weekend & I have a few questions... :D

We are driving out there from Phoenix. What is the best way to go? Which freeway should we take?

Since we have 5 day park hopper passes I made reservations for the character dinning (1 for each day) at Arie's Grotto, Goofy's Kitchen, Minnie & Friends Breakfast & Lilo & Stitch Breakfast. I also made reservations for Blue Bayou (I can't wait to go there). We are going for dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. Is the dinner better then the breakfast? Are there more characters at dinner then breakfast or is it the same? I'm not sure if I want to keep the reservations for Lilo & Stitch Breakfast. Are there a lot of characters? Is it worth it?

I want to go to the character warehouse. I've heard they have some pretty good stuff. How do you get there from DL?

Since we have 1 EE day I was thinking that maybe we should head for NEMO! Is this a good/bad idea?

How early should we get in line at the gates for EE?

Thanks!!!

hybrid-god
06-21-2007, 10:32 AM
I drive out from Phoenix too! I took the I-10 out and came back around San Diego thru to Yuma! Seems easier and when you are around the Cabazon area, it kinda feels like your driving downwards!!! And when you drive thru the San Diego area you pass mountains so it feels like you drive downwards again into Yuma! Thats my 2 cents!!
:~D

backsthepack
06-21-2007, 12:55 PM
We just got home! We drive from Phoenix as well. Here are the directions we take (the mileage on the 10 part is coming from the far west valley, not sure where you are). Anyway, they sound way more complicated than they really are. These take you to Harbor. Not sure where your staying. It takes us almost exactly 5 hours to get there.

I-10 W toward LOS ANGELES (Crossing into CALIFORNIA). 278.3 miles

Merge onto CA-60 W via the exit on the LEFT toward RIVERSIDE. 22.9 miles

Take the CA-91 S exit toward RIVERSIDE / BEACH CITIES. 0.3 miles

Take the CA-60 exit toward LOS ANGELES. 0.2 miles

Merge onto I-215 S. 0.1 miles

I-215 S becomes CA-91 W. 34.0 miles

Merge onto CA-57 S via EXIT 31 toward SANTA ANA. 3.2 miles

Take the KATELLA AVE exit- EXIT 2. 0.2 miles

Turn RIGHT onto E KATELLA AVE. 1.9 miles

Turn RIGHT onto S HARBOR BLVD.

Malcon10t
06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
We are going for dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. Is the dinner better then the breakfast? Are there more characters at dinner then breakfast or is it the same?We have done both. In my opinion, we prefer the dinner. The food is good. But the character interaction was 10 times better. Basically the same characters were available. We enjoyed the dinner MUCH more than teh breakfast.

The Real Cinderella
06-21-2007, 02:08 PM
We just got home! We drive from Phoenix as well. Here are the directions we take (the mileage on the 10 part is coming from the far west valley, not sure where you are). Anyway, they sound way more complicated than they really are. These take you to Harbor. Not sure where your staying. It takes us almost exactly 5 hours to get there.

I-10 W toward LOS ANGELES (Crossing into CALIFORNIA). 278.3 miles

Merge onto CA-60 W via the exit on the LEFT toward RIVERSIDE. 22.9 miles

Take the CA-91 S exit toward RIVERSIDE / BEACH CITIES. 0.3 miles

Take the CA-60 exit toward LOS ANGELES. 0.2 miles

Merge onto I-215 S. 0.1 miles

I-215 S becomes CA-91 W. 34.0 miles

Merge onto CA-57 S via EXIT 31 toward SANTA ANA. 3.2 miles

Take the KATELLA AVE exit- EXIT 2. 0.2 miles

Turn RIGHT onto E KATELLA AVE. 1.9 miles

Turn RIGHT onto S HARBOR BLVD.

Do these directions take you through Yuma and San Diego, or do you bypass that? I come from Tucson, and it sounds like this might be a quicker route.

backsthepack
06-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Coming from Tucson I would go I-10 west (towards Phoenix). When you get to Casa Grande hop on I-8 towards Gila Bend. Then get on that Hwy 85 (north) back up to I-10. If you went this route you would avoid all Phoenix traffic totally. But even if you went the regular way I listed on the other post it is bound to be faster than the Yuma- San Diego route.

TheYeti
06-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I want to go to the character warehouse. I've heard they have some pretty good stuff. How do you get there from DL?

Charater Wharehouse is only about 3 miles away in Fullerton. Just go North on Harbor blvd (from front of Disneyland) for about 3 miles then turn right on Orangefair Ave turn in to the little shopping center, the Disney store is right on the corner on the far side of the strip mall I think its called the Orangefair mall. Good luck!

The Real Cinderella
06-22-2007, 05:55 AM
Coming from Tucson I would go I-10 west (towards Phoenix). When you get to Casa Grande hop on I-8 towards Gila Bend. Then get on that Hwy 85 (north) back up to I-10. If you went this route you would avoid all Phoenix traffic totally. But even if you went the regular way I listed on the other post it is bound to be faster than the Yuma- San Diego route.

Thanks!

neverlander
06-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Since we have 1 EE day I was thinking that maybe we should head for NEMO! Is this a good/bad idea?[/COLOR]
How early should we get in line at the gates for EE?
COLOR]
Since you have 5 day passes, you may want to consider heading to Nemo on a non-EE day (Wed, Fri, or Sun) so you can use your EE to take advantage of the other rides that will be likely to fill up later in the day. I keep hearing that you want to be through the entrance at least a half hour before opening so you can head straight there after the rope drop.
Good luck!

Leap for Joy
06-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Do these directions take you through Yuma and San Diego, or do you bypass that? I come from Tucson, and it sounds like this might be a quicker route.

Coming from Tucson we get on I-8 just before Casa Grande and take it all the way to San Diego. In San Diego we get on I-5 and take it all the way to Anaheim. We prefer this route because there are few freeway changes and because gas in Yuma is a good $0.50 cheaper than in Blythe (which is the halfwayish point on the I-10 route). We timed the trip this time and it took us about 8 hours from central Tucson with lots of potty breaks.

Malcon10t
06-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Coming from Tucson we get on I-8 just before Casa Grande and take it all the way to San Diego. In San Diego we get on I-5 and take it all the way to Anaheim. We prefer this route because there are few freeway changes and because gas in Yuma is a good $0.50 cheaper than in Blythe (which is the halfwayish point on the I-10 route). We timed the trip this time and it took us about 8 hours from central Tucson with lots of potty breaks.
Gas in Yuma is $2.80 and in the Blythe area is $3.01.

The Real Cinderella
06-24-2007, 10:59 AM

But is saving on gas worth the additional hours on the road? You may be paying less, but you're covering more ground, so is it really any better?

Both of our families live in Yuma, so we usually take that route, but I am intrigued by this other way. It seems to be a bit quicker (and since my car has sporadic air conditioning, we're looking to book it across the desert as quickly as possible).

Six hours is much more appealing to me than eight.

Malcon10t
06-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Six hours is much more appealing to me than eight.I had a friend who used to make this drive often and always said 10 was so much faster. (He was out by Kolb and 22nd.)

erh12275
06-24-2007, 04:38 PM

I live in Blythe...right now gas is $2.97 at Arco..but I would NOT get gas there. So it really costs us about $3.40 a gallon unless we drive over to Flying J and fight the crowds. Arizona is always cheaper on gas than we are and I usually find Yuma to be at least 50 cents cheaper if not more.

Leap for Joy
06-24-2007, 07:10 PM
For our trip from Tucson this week we took the Yuma route to DL and the I-10 route (with the Phoenix bypass through Gila Bend) home. It took us 8 hours each way. But, we do make frequent potty stops! If you have a bladder of steel you can probably shorten that time.

We paid $2.85 for gas in Yuma, and $3.45 in Blythe. Both of those were Chevron regular unleaded.

I have a change to the directions from Phoenix that BacksthePack posted above. That route is what we used for a long time, but we found out this trip that it's not necessary to make all those freeway changes. You can take I-10 to I-215, stay on that and it changes to CA 91, then take I-5 to the Disneyland area.