PDA

View Full Version : Healthy food at the Resort?

CarlieB
06-23-2002, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I know, no-one goes to Disneyland to eat healthy food...But on the off-chance that after many days of stuffing myself with food that's less than good for me I want something a little lighter - can I get it at the resort (I'm thinking stuff like fruit, yoghurt, salads, etc)? Any recs?

DisneylandKid
06-23-2002, 04:38 PM
I'm the same way. At most restaurants (Redd Rockett's Pizza Port, Plaza Inn, French Market) they have salads. Also, some of the ODV carts (Adventureland, Main Street) sell fruit.

mousey_girl
06-23-2002, 06:32 PM
I love the chicken ceasar salads at the Rain Forest Cafe, they are the best I have ever had!! I did learn though, to order 1/2 portion, because it is HUGE!

disneynut
06-23-2002, 09:00 PM
The bakery on Main Street sells yogurt. They also have deli-like sandwiches that are big enough to split between two people.

beanpole
06-23-2002, 10:37 PM
The vegetable stew served at the River Belle Terrace is definitely on the lighter side, as well as incredibly tasty.

The Plaza Inn offers a relatively low-fat spaghetti with marinara sauce plate.

When ordering salads from Redd Rockett's, remember to ask for the dressing to be served on the side. This enables you to control the amount of dressing you eat. Avoid the oily pizza bread sticks!

Other low fat alternatives include turkey sandwiches from the Carnation Cafe (just ask for no mayo or cheese), fresh fruit throughout the park (as others have already suggested), chicken skewers at the Bengel Barbeque and a Dole Pineapple Spear for a mid-afternoon snack.

Finally, the best piece of advice I can offer is to carry a bottle of water with you throughout the day. Not only does this keep you hydrated, but the water helps to keep those endless hunger pangs under control. It also helps you avoid drinking sodas, which do little to keep your energy levels up for long periods of time. That goes for the sugar-free types as well! The caffeine and surprisingly high acid content present in large cups of Coke may irritate your stomach linings in the such a way as to induce hunger pangs - even if you really don't need to eat.

anjelah
06-24-2002, 10:40 AM
One of my favorite places to eat is Le Brea Bakery in Downtown
Disney. They have really great organic salads and soup.