PDA

View Full Version : Going tomorrow! Have some questions.

dhollister
06-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey all -

I just joined up and thought I'd ask some quick questions. We are going just to Disneyland tomorrow with regular ole $63 passes.

- The park opens at 9 tomorrow. When should I get there to ensure that I'll be one of the first people there? We don't need to be absolutely first, but you know, in the first few hundred people so we can run to Nemo or something.

- Where can I park earlier than the Disneyland lots open? I see i can park at Downtown Disney, but that'll cost me $30. Anywhere else nearby I can pay to park at earlier than the Disneyland gates open?

- I've been told I can put my $63 towards an annual pass if I buy the pass tomorrow. Is this true? And if I get one of the basic annual passes, can I upgrade that to a better annual pass later?

Thanks a bunch! Any other tips you'd like to give me for tomorrow would be great as well. :)

stan4d_steph
06-21-2007, 09:40 AM
I would suggest skimming the threads here and/or doing a search. The questions you are asking have all been recently discussed.

If you want to ride Nemo, I would get there as early as you can. And don't run.

Upgrading your hopper (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=1084614). You can upgrade your ticket on the day of valid admission. You can upgrade your AP, but the fee is not prorated, so you will still have to pay the full amount even if your pass is only good for 6 more months (or whatever applies to you).

blueckles
06-21-2007, 09:54 AM
- The park opens at 9 tomorrow. When should I get there to ensure that I'll be one of the first people there? We don't need to be absolutely first, but you know, in the first few hundred people so we can run to Nemo or something.

- Where can I park earlier than the Disneyland lots open? I see i can park at Downtown Disney, but that'll cost me $30. Anywhere else nearby I can pay to park at earlier than the Disneyland gates open?

- I've been told I can put my $63 towards an annual pass if I buy the pass tomorrow. Is this true? And if I get one of the basic annual passes, can I upgrade that to a better annual pass later?

Thanks a bunch! Any other tips you'd like to give me for tomorrow would be great as well. :)

Hello dhollister!! Even though I'm a very frequent visitor to DL, I am by no means an expert, but I'll try and help you as much as I can.

~I've never been to rope drop at DL, so I'm not sure the exact time to show up to ensure a good spot. I'm going for the first time to "rope drop" on Saturday so hopefully someone else can answer that for both of us :)

~I'm not sure about the parking issue either. I always assumed that the Mickey and Friends parking would be open at least an hour before.

~I'm almost positive that you can put your $63 ticket towards a pass tomorrow. And then you can always upgrade your pass later at any time. For example, if you have a Deluxe for two months and then feel that you would be better off having a Premium, you can upgrade it.

~If Nemo is one of the rides you're aiming for and you're going to be there at "rope drop" (after the gates are open and they let you actually in the park), then I would head straight to the ride. To me, the line moves pretty quick, even at 2 hours, but it might seem longer in the hot sun so either try and get it out of the way early in the morning or go later in the afternoon after the sun goes down. That's just my opinion.

Hope that helps somewhat. If you need anything else, don't ever hesitate to ask!!!

houseofmouse
06-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Mickey and Friends does open one hour earlier than the park. Just make sure you don't go in through the main Disneyland entrance as you may have to wait. Go around using harbor and ball and turn left on Disney Way. Have fun and Nemo is great hope you get to ride. :)

julbright
06-21-2007, 03:45 PM
on june 8th park opened at 9 we arrived about 8:15 and were held at the turnstiles in a long line til shortly before nine. we made it about 3/4 of the way up mainstreet where we waited for rope drop (which was our first and VERY exciting!!) I thought we did pretty good. we could have walked onto anything in tomorrowland without a problem (except space mountain was not open erggg..) I think the general rule of thumb is about an hour ahead. We did same for CA the next morning and it was perfect. Don't know if Nemo has changed things, though.

Malcon10t
06-21-2007, 05:27 PM
- The park opens at 9 tomorrow. When should I get there to ensure that I'll be one of the first people there? We don't need to be absolutely first, but you know, in the first few hundred people so we can run to Nemo or something.While the park opens (rope drop) at 9am, the turnstiles will open onto Main Street at 830am. I would be there by 8am. You could park at the Anaheim Hilton/Convention Center for $11 a day also, then walk to the park.