PDA

View Full Version : Fall/Winter Weekends

Pat-n-Eil
06-21-2007, 07:07 AM
I haven't been to the park on a weekend for many years. We generally try to plan our trips during the week. We will in-fact be going next Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. I know it'll likely be pretty crowded, but we try to give ourselves the best chance to enjoy the parks as best we can.

So I will be getting a Deluxe Annual Pass next week because I know we will be going there again near the end of January - on a weekend. This cannot be adjusted because it coincides with a cruise we are taking.

My question is this: since we'll have the annual passes, I'd like to visit the park at least one more time and it'll either be early December and/or early March. I know the park hours are cut down during the winter but the rides are also not a full operational capacity. So I'm wondering if - relatively speaking - the parks are still managable from a crowd perspective during Fall and Winter weekends since my son is still in school and vacation time is not unlimited.

stan4d_steph
06-21-2007, 07:49 AM
The Candlelight Processional is usually the first weekend of December, so unless you are attending you should avoid that weekend. Disney doesn't usually make an official announcement about the date until November.

Here's a thread I found searching on "December crowds": Choosing a time in early December?
(http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=66701&highlight=december+crowds)
March might be impacted by school breaks. Here's a thread on Spring Break along with links to other threads (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=66720&highlight=march+crowds).

I would also suggest searching the "How crowded will the parks be?" thread using your proposed months as keywords.

TamTab
06-21-2007, 08:47 AM
We went on a Saturday early in November and it was crazy there. I wouldn't suggest a weekend unless you have too. We went again on a Wednesday and the crowds were nice and small.

disneyhound
06-22-2007, 02:49 PM
...I'm wondering if - relatively speaking - the parks are still managable from a crowd perspective during Fall and Winter weekends...

We get our annual DL fix during the January-February period. We always include a weekend, with 3-4 weekdays tacked on. The weekend is always the busiest. We went one year over MLK 3-day weekend, that was the busiest year of our annual off-season DL vacation. It was a large, noticeable, attendance increase that we have since avoided! Typically, the weekend crowds during the off-season are definately managable...