PDA

View Full Version : Least Amount Of Time You Would Wait For Nemo?

Pages : [1] 2

snappy
06-20-2007, 01:37 PM
(Non-Nemo Riders as of 6/20/07)We all know the wait time for NEMO is +/- 2 hours minimum as we speak. My question to everyone is:
*What wait time will be your deciding factor in standing in line for this attraction? I'm dying to ride NEMO but seeing that line go pass the Matterhorn isn't my cup of tea. Am I the only one who thinks this? Maybe I'm not a Disneyland Fanatic as my friends think I am. hum...:eek:
1. < than 1 hour wait for myself.

Koala Gurl
06-20-2007, 02:53 PM
same

Malcon10t
06-20-2007, 03:02 PM
(Non-Nemo Riders as of 6/20/07)We all know the wait time for NEMO is +/- 2 hours minimum as we speak. My question to everyone is:
*What wait time will be your deciding factor in standing in line for this attraction? I'm dying to ride NEMO but seeing that line go pass the Matterhorn isn't my cup of tea. Am I the only one who thinks this? Maybe I'm not a Disneyland Fanatic as my friends think I am. hum...:eek:
1. < than 1 hour wait for myself.Your question in the title is really off compared to what you appear to be asking. I think you want to know what is the most you will wait (not the least) for Nemo. Me? Maybe 60 mins?

Goofy4Disney
06-20-2007, 03:03 PM
I would only want to wait 1 hour maybe 1 hour & a half. I know I'll probably have to wait longer since I will be going on the 4th of July holiday. :crying: I'm hoping to get in line on the EE day that we have maybe I won't have to wait tooooo long???

The old man
06-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Isn't the question--mostamount of time...? The least I would wait would be 1 second.

crrees
06-20-2007, 07:37 PM
i wouldnt even wait 1 second...id just hope on

coronado_g
06-20-2007, 08:06 PM
My elderly parents and I waited for only 20 minutes to do the "alternate viewing room".

seanutbutter
06-20-2007, 09:19 PM
I honestly cannot truly say until I'm in the park and am standing in line, but for now I'll go with 30-45 minutes. It really depends on if my family is up for waiting that long.

hayjennn
06-20-2007, 11:19 PM
We are going to DL on saturday(6/23) til tuesday, how have the crowds been at the other attractions? I know that there is huge crowds waiting for Nemo, but how about Pirates, Splash Mountain or Space Mountain? One more question is it warm enough to wear shorts in the evenings this week?

I don't think I could wait 2 hours for any ride unless I was in a bed taking a nap or getting a nice foot massage while in line.

Another Dimension
06-21-2007, 01:20 AM
Depending on when I wait, I'll probably wait an hour at the most...
I can hang with that.
:cool:

backsthepack
06-21-2007, 04:47 AM
I wouldn't wait that long. I am not a big fan of huge long lines. We use fast passes for most everything and wait in only a few (there are some we will wait longer than others). I would say for Nemo my limit would be 30 minutes tops.....that would be pushing it with me. We were there for opening day and we didn't even go near that area of the park! I will wait a year or so until the "new" wears off.

nightdesigns
06-21-2007, 06:27 AM
I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes. Being an APer, I have the ability to turn around and go home if I see that lines are longer than 15 minutes. Being able to go whenever, I've gotten used to short, very short lines.

samkj
06-21-2007, 09:10 AM
My elderly parents and I waited for only 20 minutes to do the "alternate viewing room".
What exactly is this? Is this for people with mobility issues? My daughter uses a wheelchair, so navigating the stairs is impossible.

Mrs Mouse
06-21-2007, 09:28 AM
What exactly is this? Is this for people with mobility issues? My daughter uses a wheelchair, so navigating the stairs is impossible.

There is a section on it in last week's DLR update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070611xx#news3>Ride-through</a>%20|%20<A%20HREF=) that explains it in better detail than I could. Be careful if you're weary of spoilers, though!

Basically, it's an alternate way to enjoy the ride meant for those who can not, or choose not to, board the submarines. You still get to see everything that you would when riding in the actual subs. Sounds like it would be perfect for your daughter!

samkj
06-22-2007, 01:14 PM
There is a section on it in last week's DLR update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070611xx#news3>Ride-through</a>%20|%20<A%20HREF=) that explains it in better detail than I could. Be careful if you're weary of spoilers, though!

Basically, it's an alternate way to enjoy the ride meant for those who can not, or choose not to, board the submarines. You still get to see everything that you would when riding in the actual subs. Sounds like it would be perfect for your daughter!

It does sound perfect for my daughter, but in reality once it catches on, it will be a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE trying to get in. The POTC wheelchair line can handle 4-6 parked (I can't remember the exact number) wheelchairs at a time and the line already regularly takes well over an hour even when the regular line is only 15 minutes. Nemo will only hold 2 wheelchairs/ECV at a time with just about as much time per ride. I think we'll just have to stick with riding first thing in the morning, or not at all for the alternate viewing area. Luckily we always get to the park at opening, so this will be doable at least once during our trip.

Park Freak
06-22-2007, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes. Being an APer, I have the ability to turn around and go home if I see that lines are longer than 15 minutes. Being able to go whenever, I've gotten used to short, very short lines.

(I'm not trying to pick on you nightdesigns, just using your post as an example.) :)
I look at it in the opposite manner. I have an AP, so I can afford to "waste" my time in a long line when it is a new attraction. I waited three and a half hours on opening day for historical (or hysterical!!) reasons. :geek:

vegaspixie
06-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Depends on the time of day. Early morning or after sunset, we'd probably up to 2.5 hours. Midday with sun beating down on us...I don't think we could last 1/2 in the direct sunlight if we tried.

ktrm
06-22-2007, 08:31 PM
The decorations for waiting in line (what do they call this...the que) don't look too exciting so I'd say 45 min.

Leap for Joy
06-24-2007, 09:19 AM
We were at the park at opening Wednesday and beelined to Nemo. We waited about 30 minutes and that's the longest I'd wait. We probably wont ride it again until the new wears off.

SteveK
06-24-2007, 07:00 PM
We got off the monorail at 8am today (Sunday) and got right in line...that still took us 1 1/2 hours of waiting to get on the ride. It was 3 hours by 9 am. I didn't think I'd wait 1.5 hours but it actually went by fairly fast. That being said, I won't wait in that long of a line for it again...I'll wait awhile until lines get shorter.

atrder9901
06-24-2007, 07:17 PM
I think I could wait an hour tops. My kids have a short attention span, so I dont see how we could wait anything longer than that in a line. Plus, my husband gets kinda anxious when he is in a cramped line (like Peter Pan) for a long amount of time.

We are going the first week of December, so hopefully the newness of Nemo will have worn down a bit by then.

danyoung
06-25-2007, 09:03 AM
I tried on 3 separate occasions this past week to get on Nemo right at park opening. Unless you're crowded up there in front of the rope drop crowd and willing to sprint to the ride, you're gonna get a 60-90 minute queue right at the start of the day. It just was never worth it for me.

On the plus side, with 90% of the crowd smashing into the Nemo queue right away, the rest of the park seems like an off season day. 3 hours after park open, Splash only had a 10 minute wait, and Big Thunder was 5 minutes!!!

kohl
06-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Yesterday we were in line at 7am. We were third in line at the gates. We RAN all the way to Nemo, even though the cast members were telling everyone to walk. We got on the first sub. When we got off the ride at 8:30, it was already whipped around past the Matterhorn. We didn't see how far it went, but it was already LONG!
We did enjoy the ride, but hubby said the longest he would wait for the ride would be 1/2 hour. 1 hour TOPS for me.

Leofoenget
06-25-2007, 10:32 AM
1. < than 1 hour wait for myself.

Well depends on how you look at it. I have to wait 3 month to ride since I can't go until Sept.....;)

BUT once at DL, alone, I am willing to wait about an hour, maybe 1 1/2 max. I will have EE on an off day mid week so hopefully it won't be too bad. After that, think I'll grab breakfast and take it easy. With the kids in tow in November? No longer than an hour. :D

bloodnswash
06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
We'd be willing to wait 2 hours.