PDA

View Full Version : info anyone? those little collectable ride vehicles...

Pages : [1] 2

Tigertail777
06-23-2002, 01:28 AM
Hi I was wondering if they are still selling those little collectable ride vehicles toys in Disneyland, and what is the complete list of the ride vehicles that are available? If anyone knows please post I will be going in July and want to pick some of these up if they are still being made. Thank you.

MonorailMan
06-23-2002, 03:46 AM
A Lot of them are on MouseShoppe here! (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=289)

I will say, I love these things, they look so like the real thing. I want to get the Matterhorn Bobsled one next. :)

MonorailMan
06-23-2002, 03:47 AM
Sorry, Clicked the Reply Button twice.

MonorailMan
06-23-2002, 03:47 AM
Sorry, Clicked the Reply Button three times.

hmbldr
06-23-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
A Lot of them are on MouseShoppe here! (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=289)

I will say, I love these things, they look so like the real thing. I want to get the Matterhorn Bobsled one next. :)

Oooooh, thanks for that link. So convenient. Very dangerous! :D Do you have many of the ride vehicles? How large are they, and the quality?

Thanks.

Matterhorn Fan
06-23-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by hmbldr
How large are they, and the quality?The Matterhorn Bobsled is about 4 inches long. They're metal, so they're pretty good quality.

The bobsled does have lap bars, though, so if you're looking for authenticity, well, you're not going to get it (at least on this one). I do like how the Abominable Snowman is so scared that he's grabbing his head, though.

And this is just for Monorail Man: the stripes on Mickey's gloves on this toy go from thick (at the wrist) to thin. Something told me you'd want to know that.

MonorailMan
06-23-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
TAnd this is just for Monorail Man: the stripes on Mickey's gloves on this toy go from thick (at the wrist) to thin. Something told me you'd want to know that.

Unlike the one for Screamin', where there thin (at the wrist) to thick. ;)

Ace
06-23-2002, 09:43 AM
I have the Haunted Mansion Hearse sitting on my desk. It was about $15 at the Star Trader.

AVP
06-23-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Tigertail777
Hi I was wondering if they are still selling those little collectable ride vehicles toys in Disneyland, and what is the complete list of the ride vehicles that are available?

Here are all of the Disneyland or Walt Disney World toys I know about. I'm sure there are others - if I've missed one, someone can add it. This does not count the DLP or TDS versions:

Aladdin's Magic Carpet
Alice in Wonderland
Astro Orbitor (Retired)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
California Screamin'
Dinosaur Time Rover
Dumbo (Retired)
Eastern Star Railroad Train
Engine-Ears Toy's Train
Grizley River Run
Haunted Mansion Doombuggy
Haunted Mansion Hearse
it’s a small world
Jungle Cruise (Retired)
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safari Jeep
Liberty Belle (Retired)
Mad Tea Party (Retired)
Main Street Fire Truck
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Matterhorn Bobsled
Monorail (5 Colors)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Peter Pan (Retired)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Snow White
Splash Mountain

Tigertail777
06-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Is there any way to get the retired ones? I would love to get jungle cruise or petter pan or teacups.

Tigertail777
06-23-2002, 03:06 PM
OK I see mouseshop has teacups, and peter, but the one I really wanted was jungle cruise...did they never make a pirates boat or indy jeep? I would love to have those too.
Have they made any of these for retired attractions, like the 20,000 leagues sub? I'd really love t hat one too.

AVP
06-23-2002, 09:39 PM
OK I see mouseshop has teacups, and peter, but the one I really wanted was jungle cruise...did they never make a pirates boat or indy jeep? I would love to have those too.
Have they made any of these for retired attractions, like the 20,000 leagues sub? I'd really love t hat one too.

The Jungle Cruise disappeared sometime last year, and we can't find them any longer. I have heard that TDS has a 20,000 Leagues Sub, but it's not available in the US. There is a Pirates boat out now, but DL is sold out.

AVP

dgthx
06-23-2002, 11:28 PM
I wish they would make a ride vehicle collection without Mickey Mouse and his friends, like the jungle cruise boats and the big thunder train.

It would be so cool to have an authentic replica line of just the vehicles to display, no cutesy cartoon characters. If they're going to put passengers in, put in models of people so that they're like artist conception models for rides before they're built.

Just my 2 cents.

cstephens
06-24-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by dgthx
It would be so cool to have an authentic replica line of just the vehicles to display, no cutesy cartoon characters.

I agree. That's why I like the Dumbo one. It's just the ride vehicle. There are a few others (like Peter Pan) that I would definitely have gotten had it just been the ride vehicle.

stan4d_steph
06-24-2002, 07:18 AM
If you want to know where these are in the park, I have seen the most at the gift shop in ToonTown. They also sell them at World of Disney in DTD.

LeslieluvMcky
06-24-2002, 07:21 AM
What is the liberty bell?

Matterhorn Fan
06-24-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by LeslieluvMcky
What is the liberty bell? Well, the "liberty bell" is a large bell with a crack in it. I believe it's in Philadelphia.

The "Liberty Belle" is the riverboat at WDW.

PinkFloyd
06-24-2002, 10:33 AM
Oh no, these are too cute! Not that I need another Disney related item to collect, but if I were to go to Dland and purchase these are they near thier respective rides or in one shop?

mousey_girl
06-24-2002, 10:38 AM

I would try E-bay for the ones that Mouseshoppe doesn't have...

cstephens
06-24-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Oh no, these are too cute! Not that I need another Disney related item to collect, but if I were to go to Dland and purchase these are they near thier respective rides or in one shop?

They're pretty much everywhere. Check all the major shops (Emporium, Five and Dime, World of Disney).

Pony Sugrue
06-24-2002, 05:02 PM
I picked up two EPCOT die-cast ride vehicles in Florida that I didn't see mentioned in this thread:

1. The "Maelstrom" (A little Viking boat with a troll in it from the Norway pavilion attraction) and...

2. the "RIO DEL TIEMPO" boat from the Mexico pavilion attraction of the same name.

I also didn't see anyone mention those plastic un-packaged ride vehicles like the STAR TOURS ship.

What else sounds like a good idea?
Sailing Ship Columbia?
Tom Sawyer island Rafts?
"Indy" Jeeps?
Pinocchio's Ride?
there's really not much left in Disneyland to make.

What makes me mad is that they really blew it out for DCA. In addition to the ride vehicles, they made entire re-creations of attractions like SCREAMIN', THE FERRIS WHEEL, SWINGIN' BEES (or whatever that thing's called)... but they still have never made a recreation of the MATTERHORN, SPLASH, SPACE, or THUNDER MOUNTAIN... but I'm waiting.

stan4d_steph
06-24-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by PinkFloyd

Again:

Originally posted by stan4d_steph
If you want to know where these are in the park, I have seen the most at the gift shop in ToonTown. They also sell them at World of Disney in DTD.

MonorailMan
06-24-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Pony Sugrue

What makes me mad is that they really blew it out for DCA. In addition to the ride vehicles, they made entire re-creations of attractions like SCREAMIN', THE FERRIS WHEEL, SWINGIN' BEES (or whatever that thing's called)... but they still have never made a recreation of the MATTERHORN, SPLASH, SPACE, or THUNDER MOUNTAIN... but I'm waiting.

See I own most of these models, and it seems to me, it's easy to make of a regular amusement park ride. How are they going to pack all of BTMR, or Matterhorn in a model? It's too detailed. :)

Pony Sugrue
06-24-2002, 08:51 PM

See I own most of these models, and it seems to me, it's easy to make of a regular amusement park ride. How are they going to pack all of BTMR, or Matterhorn in a model? It's too detailed. :)

That's true, it would cost more to make models of those attractions.

One could say that the cheap manner in which they could make toys of those attractions in DCA reflects the cheap off-the-shelf type of attractions that they in fact are.

dizneelover
06-24-2002, 09:14 PM

OOH! I have seen these before but I didn't know that there were so many and that they were all so cute!! Bye bye bank account!!:D