PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Happiest Faces on Earth now?

Disneyland4Jamy
06-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Does any one know if Disneyland had future plans for the Happiest Faces on Earth photomosaic murals? I understand they had to be taken down since the 50th celebration is over, but they were too wonderful to discard! :crying:

Bytebear
06-19-2007, 06:18 PM
My guess is that the larger stand alone displays are in storage somewhere. Disney has a lot of old stuff in storage that will probably never be seen again. But those displays may be reused with a different poster in the frame. The ones that were overlays on existing frames, were most likely destroyed when they were removed. A few of them were starting to peel already and so I can imagine that peeling them off like wallpaper would not be a pretty sight. But, fear not, one display is still up, at the entrance to the Opera House, but instead of guests, they are all pictures of Walt Disney and his creations forming the mosaic.

Another Dimension
06-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Word is..., and I recently read about the Mosaics on MI confirming what I had heard.... is that all of the frames, the wooden and steel ones... were demolished backstage shortly after they were removed from the parks.

I'd guess Disney still has the mosaic images saved somewhere in their digital archives, as they printed and replaced many of the badly faded mosaics over the celebration, and some more than a few times... but the frames are gone.

I have my doubts that Disney will ever use those mosaic images again, unless they are using some of them in the future as a past reference to the 50th Celebration at DL.

Everyone should cherish their own pics they took and all of the online pics ... of the full mosaics and all of the closeups of all of our own Happiest Faces.
:)

It's gotta be because Disney didn't see millions of dollars in printing and publishing the mosaics in bookform for Guests, errr customers...
Which kinda sucks IMO.

I've been thinking of making myself a DIY bookform or small scrapbook-like collection of the mosaics and some of the closeups, for my own archives. ;)

I'd still buy a Disney Press version though... :D