PDA

View Full Version : Popcorn buckets-new?

hlbtimes2
06-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Can anyone that has been in the park recently tell me what is on the popcorn buckets? When we were there in April it was Pirates, is that still what they are selling? We like to use them in our movie room for popcorn.

Thanks!

IdahoMike
06-19-2007, 09:56 AM
We got 3 different ones. Pirates, Nemo, and I think a generic Disneyland one (can't remember, and can't find it now.)

yohomama212
06-19-2007, 10:04 AM
As far as I know you can still get the pirate buckets in NOS. They also have YOAMD buckets and now Nemo buckets too. I love my pirate bucket!

Elizabeth

hlbtimes2
06-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks! Off to see if I can bribe someone into getting me a Nemo bucket!

DangerMouse
06-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey Linda and other popcorn bucket collectors! I'm just curious, what do you use the buckets for after you get home?

wwithers
06-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Hey Linda and other popcorn bucket collectors! I'm just curious, what do you use the buckets for after you get home?

We use ours for pool buckets.

Mom2
06-19-2007, 10:49 AM
We use ours for popcorn at home. Always have. But for some reason we use the 101 Dalmations ones the most from years ago. We have been collecting a few others, Light Magic, Year of A Million Dreams (Where Dreams Come True Mickey Mouse) and a couple others. We just cant eat popcorn out of a bowl now at all! LOL.

hlbtimes2
06-19-2007, 10:49 AM
We use them for popcorn in the movie room. They work great. One bag of microwave popcorn fills two buckets. They wash nicely in the dishwasher, and the kids can't break them as easy as a bowl. We have a huge stack, but because the dishwasher does fade them over time, I like to have a lot of them to rotate between.

neverlander
06-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Last year we filled ours with pirate-themed gifts for my nephew. I wished I had picked up more for gift containers. I wonder if a rolled-up tshirt would fit in one.

yohomama212
06-19-2007, 11:28 AM
OOOHHH! Gift container! Never thought of that! My kids love getting popcorn and if I promise DH that the bucket won't hang around forever, then I can justify the $2 extra, plus the recipient would love it! I totally think a rolled up t-shirt would fit! If it's a huge adult shirt, it might hang out a bit, but since the lid snaps on the handle, I don't see that being a big deal! OOOHHH! I am soooo going to get more of those buckets!

Elizabeth

DangerMouse
06-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Thank you! You all have given me more reasons to buy more popcorn at DL! (Yeah, like I really needed that!) :D;)

ochibiyo
06-19-2007, 12:36 PM
We've used them for the kids when they have movie night. We've also used them as gift containers to our kids taekwondo teachers and their school teachers. Her teacher loved popcorn and would pop them at school at the teacher's lounge and walk back to class, dropping some on the way. So now, her teacher can just do it at the lounge and pack it to go!! My niece uses it for all her jewels which she collects! A great idea would be to go to the outlet stores and buy it in bulk for a class as a birthday bag or something!! I know they sell it for like 75 cents or something, less than a dollar I know! Or be like me, I've kept my pirates bucket all to myself!!!

julbright
06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks! Off to see if I can bribe someone into getting me a Nemo bucket!

I have a Nemo bucket - want it? I livein Illinois though.. if you get desperate for one I'll ship it! esp if you can get me a pirate one!

julbright
06-19-2007, 01:59 PM
To answer the original question, though, I believe every bucket in DL is Nemo now - I was there june 8-11 and wanted a Mickey one and asked at a couple stands and was told that they were all changed out for Nemo ones for the opening. I was able to get a Mickey in CA though.... I wish I'd been able to get a pirates one - though I do have a giant one from when we went to the movie theater to see pirates... and the soda cup too.... :)

Leofoenget
06-19-2007, 03:22 PM

Popcorn! Just yesterday popped 2 bags of kettle korn poured it into the bucket gave each person their own bucket with HOT popcorn in it. I also fill them with popcorn when I go to the local ammusment park in town, take it into the car you get the drift. Each bucket is a different one so it's easy to keep track of whose is whose.

looking forward to getting my Nemo in Sept! sometimes find them at the thrift stores. Pain though NO LIDS!!!!

jan

Park Freak
06-19-2007, 03:27 PM
They are good for Legos or hair ribbons or Hot Wheel type cars. Any of those little things that would be all over the place otherwise. I also do this with the themed popcorn buckets from the El Capitan theatre.
I collect antenna balls as well. I store those in the buckets so that they don't get smashed.

potterphreak
06-19-2007, 09:03 PM
We have several of the buckets. My eldest daughter used one as a lunchbox for like, a week and then for my youngest daughters 3rd birthday, it was a Disneyland theme (such a fun party to throw!!!) and we used all of our buckets to house food-potato salad, regular salad, macaroni salad, beans, etc.