PDA

View Full Version : What dog breed has the keys on Pirates ride?

KarenW2
06-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know what breed of dog is the one holding the keys in the jail scene on PotC? I'm looking for a stuffed dog that is like that one, but I couldn't begin to know what breed it is.

Or, if you don't know what it is on the ride, what was it that they used in the movie?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this!

tink's mom
06-19-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm thinking some kind of terrier mix, but that is just a guess.

olegc
06-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know what breed of dog is the one holding the keys in the jail scene on PotC? I'm looking for a stuffed dog that is like that one, but I couldn't begin to know what breed it is.

Or, if you don't know what it is on the ride, what was it that they used in the movie?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this!

um - Mutt?
No - I really don't know. However, they have stuffed dogs with keys at Disneyland (small versions). this is the second iteration. the 1st ones had golden hair, medium length and shaggy. with key in mouth. The latest versions is more tightly-curled hair and more a beige/brown color.

KarenW2
06-19-2007, 10:10 AM
I didn't know if it was a specific breed either, but where in the park can I find the stuffed dog? That is exactly what I need!! I was trying to figure out how and where I could get a set of keys and then how would I attach it to his mouth, but if it's already like this, that would be great!!

Would it be in the Pieces of Eight store, World of Disney, or?? Any idea how much they cost?

Many thanks olegc!!

tink's mom
06-19-2007, 10:17 AM
This is the dog from the movie and he is indeed a terrier mix, just so you know. :) http://www.boonesanimals.com/dogs-gallery.html (Scroll down to "Twister"

olegc
06-19-2007, 10:46 AM
I didn't know if it was a specific breed either, but where in the park can I find the stuffed dog? That is exactly what I need!! I was trying to figure out how and where I could get a set of keys and then how would I attach it to his mouth, but if it's already like this, that would be great!!

Would it be in the Pieces of Eight store, World of Disney, or?? Any idea how much they cost?

Many thanks olegc!!

World of Disney store, Emporium on Main Street, Pieces of Eight...

yenko427
06-19-2007, 11:20 AM
We also saw a small stuffed Pluto in pirate attire that had keys in his mouth at Pieces of Eight, Emporium and World of Disney. I actually remember one of the stores having two different stuffed colors of dog with the keys in his mouth- believe it was Pieces of Eight.

KarenW2
06-19-2007, 12:57 PM
The one that looks most like the ride dog is definitely what I need. Thanks everybody for the great info in such a short amount of time! Now I have a new excuse for going to the parks soon! :D

This is for something I'm working on, for a special event the first week in August. Once it's over, I'll post a photo, if you're interested.

AVP
06-19-2007, 07:06 PM
There are actually three versions - a brown spotted dog, a greyish dog, and Pluto. The 2nd one looks most like the ride dog. I never understood why they made the 1st one.

AVP

KarenW2
06-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks again to everybody for the info on this! I had my monthly Hallmark collectors' club meeting in Villa Park tonite, so while I did my meeting thing, my hubby made the "supreme sacrifice" (yeah, real sacrifice!) of skipping the meeting, so he could drive over to DLR and pick up the dogs for me. He also wanted to see how long the wait for Nemo would be, but it was too long for him to do that, shop and get back in time to get me by the time I needed to leave after the meeting was over.

He picked up the brown spotted dog and the gray dog (I already passed on the Pluto version, since it wouldn't be close enough to the original for our needs), so I could choose which best suited the situation and we could return the other. We both thought the gray wire-haired looking dog was the better match, so we're going with that one.

We also thought that for only $12 (minus our PAP discount), it was a great deal for a dog the size it is with as much detail as it has. We thought it was odd that the brown dog only had ONE key on his keyring, while the gray dog has 3!

When he asked at Pieces of Eight why they had 2 different dogs, the CM told him one was the "live" dog and the other was the "dead" dog. They don't look very much alike, so I don't think that's the reason.

Thanks again and I'll post a link to the photo after the event for those who'd like to see what we did with our cute little doggie.