PDA

View Full Version : My doctor says "No more Disneyland!"

Pages : [1] 2

mckygirl99
06-19-2007, 09:32 AM
I am so depressed! The doctor won't let me go back to DL until after I have my baby on July 17th (isn't that funny, I got to choose the day). I am not even allowed to walk around. So everyone go for me and have a great time! I probably won't get to go back until August (boo hoo!) Oh well, at least I will get to ride Space Mtn. :p

yellowrosedtxn
06-19-2007, 09:55 AM
hahaha you are too funny! Congrats on choosing the day though. Just remember, Disneyland will always be around waiting for you to get back. Relax and enjoy this while you can. Good luck and congratulations on your new baby (when born)!

jeffthechef
06-19-2007, 11:29 AM
If you can time it right and have the baby inside the park, you get a special Mickey Mouse birth certificate from DL.

I tried to talk my DW for both of our children, but she wouldn't go for it. You have to admit, though, that a MM birth certificate would be cool. There are only a handful that have been issued.

What's "Disney"?
06-19-2007, 12:46 PM
If you can time it right and have the baby inside the park, you get a special Mickey Mouse birth certificate from DL.

I tried to talk my DW for both of our children, but she wouldn't go for it. You have to admit, though, that a MM birth certificate would be cool. There are only a handful that have been issued.

I can just see another thread being started...

"Best places to give birth in Disneyland"

cstephens
06-19-2007, 12:50 PM

I can't imagine any parent who would intentionally risk their child's life for this.

Been there, done that, it's probably not that hard to find on googlegroups/alt.disney.disneyland.

hofmanns4
06-19-2007, 01:41 PM
It was my first child so I did not realize that I was actually in labor. I was 2 weeks early and went to Garden Grove Medical center just in case. I was at Disneyland for an awards banquet for my work. They told me I was not in labor and let me go. I went to the character breakfast for my work and then flew home to Phoenix.

My DD was born 6 hours after we landed.

Also, she was born on Dec 5th (Walt Disney's birthday). How ironic?!

oohykitten
06-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I am one of those bad mom's that rode the rides well pregnant...good luck with everything. I wasn't born in Disneyland but...

disneyhound
06-19-2007, 03:18 PM

Followed by: "What Land Where You Born In?"

Park Freak
06-19-2007, 04:37 PM
I can't imagine any parent who would intentionally risk their child's life for this.

I can't imagine anybody thinking he was serious.

Leofoenget
06-19-2007, 04:47 PM

I KNOW!! RELAX people.... or person. IT WAS A JOKE!!

Jodi
06-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Just think about it this way, you are simply avoiding the summer crowds:)

And when you go back, you get to use child swap. And by having a summer baby, he or she wil be old enough to hold his or her head up and smile in time for you to take gorgeous pictures at Christmastime, which I think is the most fun and beautiful time to go to DL.

And hey, you've got MP to keep you up to date on everything, so you won't miss a beat. Congrats!

cstephens
06-19-2007, 05:43 PM

So you've not heard about people who are actually serious about trying to give birth at Disneyland?

yohomama212
06-19-2007, 06:08 PM
First, Mckygirl99, congrats on your LO! The time will fly and you'll be enjoying the parks with your baby before you know it.

Now...
There I was, still painfully pregnant on my due date. POTC had come to a theater near me and I endured false labor to enjoy the movie. Pirates Lair opened and I answered the call of the parks. Why? Why not? Was I going to deliver my baby in the park? After previous labors of 37.5 hours and then 12 hours, I doubted it. Also, my hospital was less than 5 miles away... not a problem. I rode POTC, HM, Small World, Jungle Cruise, Storybook Land (the only one I don't recommend), and whatever else I could fit in and they would allow me to ride! Bad mom? Gee. I hope not. We survived and lived to tell the tales!

And no, you don't get a lifetime AP for being born in DL!

Elizabeth

pumpkin5156
06-19-2007, 06:56 PM
I am so depressed! The doctor won't let me go back to DL until after I have my baby on July 17th (isn't that funny, I got to choose the day). I am not even allowed to walk around. So everyone go for me and have a great time! I probably won't get to go back until August (boo hoo!) Oh well, at least I will get to ride Space Mtn. :p

Just a word of wisdom.....I went to DL 2 months after having my first baby, and Space Mountain made me want to pee. Those bladder muscles will never be the same!! :)

mckygirl99
06-19-2007, 07:08 PM
You guys all made me laugh so hard! I actually don't think it's the rides he's worried about but me being on my feet. I might have DH put me in a wheelchair. I just have to get out of this house! Shopping would be nice right now!

BTW, I have a scheduled c-section for 7/17 so I won't be anywhere near the park to have the baby there :p I think it will be great for him to get to celebrate his birthday with DL. Of course he'll be a Disney dork just like me!

Thanks for cheering me up!

Koala Gurl
06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
A friend of mine was also told by her Dr. to stay off her feet. Well, she just had to ride Nemo, so she rented a wheel chair. ;)

But, really, I think you are just fine...it is too busy & hot now anyway.

(I went when I was 37 weeks PG to take my DD for her last Mommy & Me trip. This was in August, and while we had a great time, it wiped me out!!)

Seashellmama
06-19-2007, 11:50 PM
BTW, I have a scheduled c-section for 7/17 so I won't be anywhere near the park to have the baby there.

I hear there's a secret surgical birthing suite in Disneyland (but not at California Adventure), behind the first aid building- there's a tunnel from it to the back of the changing/toddler potties room in the Baby Center, so new moms can nurse in comfort in the nursing area. Do a Google search for "Happiest ORs on Earth" and you should be able to find the article that tells you how to get in there...

Park Freak
06-20-2007, 07:38 AM
I hear there's a secret surgical birthing suite in Disneyland (but not at California Adventure), behind the first aid building- there's a tunnel from it to the back of the changing/toddler potties room in the Baby Center, so new moms can nurse in comfort in the nursing area. Do a Google search for "Happiest ORs on Earth" and you should be able to find the article that tells you how to get in there...

Yes, I've heard that they have Mickey shaped ice chips for you while you're in labor. And you have to use a Disney name for your child. Sounds like fun!! :p
Oh, and the baby gets a "Happiest Birth On Earth" certificate.

Park Freak
06-20-2007, 07:41 AM
So you've not heard about people who are actually serious about trying to give birth at Disneyland?

Nope

Jungle Cruiser
06-20-2007, 07:50 AM
I would get a different Doctor.

yohomama212
06-20-2007, 12:48 PM

Yes, I've heard that they have Mickey shaped ice chips for you while you're in labor. And you have to use a Disney name for your child. Sounds like fun!! :p
Oh, and the baby gets a "Happiest Birth On Earth" certificate.

Darn. It sounds like I could have had the epidural after all! I take back everything I said in my previous post. Now DH has that chance at another baby just so I can deliver baby Barbossa or Liota at Disneyland!

Elizabeth

oohykitten
06-20-2007, 01:06 PM
My doctors worry was drinking enough water and taking rests. Not the rides...I actually had his signature of approval on those, I was almost 7 months pregnant at the time. Best part, I got to stay at the GCH, because he warned that I need to be close to a place to rest. :)

jeffthechef
06-20-2007, 02:27 PM

No, I am not serious about trying to have a baby inside DL. It has happened, though, and the Mickey birth certificates have been given out. I think I read about it in Mouse Tales...

sdlipton
06-26-2007, 12:35 PM

See... and i actually googled it and was truly disappointed... No, I do not have gullible stamped on my forhead, but i should.

Marasmama
06-26-2007, 01:25 PM
At Disneyland prices, I'd hate to see the bill for the epidural.