PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed Admission ?

Tink0706
06-22-2002, 03:45 PM
We are staying at the DLH July 2-4. Are we still guaranteed admission on the 4th even though we have already checked out?

JRob2k1
06-22-2002, 04:04 PM
Uh, your guaranteed admission if you have a ticket....or a day left on your multi-day/ flex pass!

-JRob

Rallymonkey23
06-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by JRob2k1
Uh, your guaranteed admission if you have a ticket....or a day left on your multi-day/ flex pass!

-JRob

Not if it get's too crowded. They had to turn people away durring the holiday season because they reached the capacity that the fire marshal set. I suggest to get there early, and don't leave.

zapppop
06-22-2002, 07:02 PM
My understading is, if the park gets too crowded they suspend ticket sales and can deny you admission, unless you have an Annual Passport ( and it's not a blockout day ).

JRob2k1
06-22-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23

Not if it get's too crowded. They had to turn people away durring the holiday season because they reached the capacity that the fire marshal set. I suggest to get there early, and don't leave.

I really didnt get the question this thread was about.....Basically she/he is asking...We are checking out of the Disneyland Hotel on the 4th, and can we still get into Disneyland after we checkout...

My response was of course, as long as you have a ticket....I dont think the 4th will be filled to capacity, busy, but not that full!

Of course, I could have read the question wrong?

-JRob

MickeyD
06-22-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
My understading is, if the park gets too crowded they suspend ticket sales and can deny you admission, unless you have an Annual Passport ( and it's not a blockout day ).

I didn't know AP's were guaranteed admission after the park has reached capacity. I always thought it was just the hotel guests who were gauranteed admission.

JRob2k1
06-22-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD
I always thought it was just the hotel guests who were gauranteed admission.

Why dont you people tell me these things!!! I didnt know hotel guests were guaranteed admission on capacity days!

Hence the question....dont I feel stupid....Usually EandC or Uncle Dick would say something before letting me type on my own! Sheesh!

-JRob

Tink0706
06-23-2002, 07:27 AM
Let me clarify my question...

We are checking out on the 4th. We have tickets. We would like to take an afternoon break from the parks, and I would like to know if because we are (actually were because we checked out) Disneyland Hotel guests if we will be guaranteed admission when we try to get back into the park after our break?

Disney Nick
06-23-2002, 09:35 AM
As far as I know you wouldn't be guaranteed admission, but does anyone out there know if they've actually turned away people later in the day on July 4th before?? I'm going to be there that day and we weren't planning on going to Disneyland until 8 PM or so, because we are going to DCA earlier in the day. Any help?

AVP
06-23-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Tink0706
Let me clarify my question...

We are checking out on the 4th. We have tickets. We would like to take an afternoon break from the parks, and I would like to know if because we are (actually were because we checked out) Disneyland Hotel guests if we will be guaranteed admission when we try to get back into the park after our break?

If you have already been in the park the morning of the 4th, you will not be refused readmission. Do not be concerned about that.

They *may* suspend new ticket sales in the afternoon, thus preventing first admission to anyone who doesn't already have a ticket. I can not remember a time that they have refused first admission to anyone who was holding valid admission media for that date, be it a ticket, hotel hopper, AP, CM or other. I do remember getting to the park after they had stopped new ticket sales, but I believe anyone who already had tickets could get in.

AVP

Tink0706
06-24-2002, 03:15 AM
Thanks for your replies. We are really going to need that afternoon break and I was afraid that we would have to stay in the parks the whole day!

SoCalDisneyLover
06-24-2002, 09:17 AM
So...I just wanted to clarify something. If I have a Premium Pass, and I do not get to the park until say 5:00 on 7/4...I will absolutely be able to get in? Even though I was not there earlier in the day. Otherwise I'd go and get a hand stamp in the morning if necessary.

Now that it's summer...have the crowds increased? I was there on Friday and the closing time was still 11 PM. I had thought this past weekend it was supposed to become officially midnight. I recall that Al's last update said midnight would become the norm during the summer...or is it just not in effect quite yet?

Uncle Dick
06-24-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
So...I just wanted to clarify something. If I have a Premium Pass, and I do not get to the park until say 5:00 on 7/4...I will absolutely be able to get in?[b/]
No. If the fire marshal says "no more people", then you won't be entering. Such a scenario is unlikely, but possible.

[b]Now that it's summer...have the crowds increased?
Actually, I thought that park was rather uncrowded yesterday. Space Mountain was about a 30 min Standby wait, Matterhorn was about the same. The park's definitely slowed down compared to the past few weeks.

I recall that Al's last update said midnight would become the norm during the summer...or is it just not in effect quite yet?
Disneyland will be closing at 11 every night (even Saturday) for the next couple of weeks. July 4th is the next midnight closing.

mousey_girl
06-24-2002, 02:30 PM
I have been there twice when they have suspended admission. Once during the final days of MSEP and 2 years ago during the holiday season.

We were expecting it for the MSEP, I was too preggers to do anything so it wasn't a big deal.

2 years ago, it was the first Saturday of December, The Boy had turned 3 the day before. The crowds were so bad there was a 1 hr wait for STORYBOOK LAND! Small World Holiday had to stop allowing people to que up and fast pass returns were suspended. The Boy was still strollerized back then, and that did help. He was also much happier when waiting in line for a ride, even if the wait was an hour or more. We waited for another hour to see Fantasmic and then stood there by RoA to see the Belive in Holiday Magic. After the fireworks we tried to leave, not realizing that we were headed for a very scary situation. There was not a single CM doing crowd control to help people exit. By the time we realized we were in trouble it was too late to go back. Luckily The Boy was in his stroller or he would have been trampled. He was terrified. It took another hour (no exageration) to get past the hub and get out. That was when we decided we will NEVER EVER go to DL on a Saturday night. Now our annual pilgramage begins on Wed afternoon and ends 11-12ish (when the crowds hit) Saturday.

As much as I would like to go to DL during the 4th, or even Vegas, after that night, watching the fear in my normally fearless 3 yr old, I run from crowds.

disguy
06-24-2002, 02:39 PM
I belive the fire marshall has set it at 65,000 but I could be wrong. From my understanding unless you are a hotel guest you are NOT guarenteed anything. If it's to crowded then well, you should have gotten there earlier basically. When I was there in Nov...the parking structure was full and I wasn't able to get my car out to go back to the room or I wouldn't be able to come back in...so we walked.