PDA

View Full Version : Gift Shop at DLH?

Gymgirl975
06-22-2002, 02:03 PM
I haven't been to the DLR in quite a while (about 3 years) , but I used to go every year when I was younger. There used to be a great gift shop at the Disneyland Hotel that was right by the Monorail Station. Not a gift shop in a tower, but just one of the hotel buildings. It had three or four different rooms in it and had great windows to look into. Last time I was there the shopping center type thing across from it (that used to have Maizes' in it, etc) had been removed but the gift shop was still there. Is it still around?

kranders
06-22-2002, 03:15 PM
Nope. The nearest gift shop is in the tower at DH by the main lobby or else the big World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. All the external buildings for DH that went to the monorail station are now all DTD restaurants and movie theatres.

dsny1mom
06-22-2002, 03:37 PM
Ahhh....that would have been Mickey's Corner. One of my favorite shops. But as the other poster said, it glowed away when DTD was built.

There is a decent sized gift shop in the main lobby in the Marina Tower, but it's no where as nice as Mickey's Corner was.

dsny1mom

Gymgirl975
06-22-2002, 03:45 PM
Wahhhhhh........That was my favorite gift shop ever. I know it sounds stupid, but we always stayed first at the Oriental Garden, then the Pan Pacific. During the afternoon break we would always stop there and get some candy, or a soda, or just look around. I have a lot of memories from there, even though that sounds a little lame. :-( My grandma (who is now a stroke victim) and I used to sit outside the Monorail Cafe and People Watch.:-) Once we saw a man and his imaginary friend. The man proceded to feed his imaginary friend an entire ice cream sandwich. When I was very young and couldn't wait to go to Disneyland (we didn't go the day we arrived at the hotel) she would ride the tram over to the main entrance and we would go look at the kennel and stand outside the Main Gate just soaking up the atmospher (yes, I'm lame). Nobody else would ride over there with me! I love the new Disney (from what I've seen) but I'll always have a spot in my heart for the old!

RStar
06-24-2002, 11:08 AM
Yep, sorry. The entire front part of the hotel was removed to build Downtown Disney. You won't recognise it at all. It's a nice make over though. I use to like the old Neon Cactus.:(

dizneelover
06-24-2002, 12:18 PM
It's kinda strange that gymgirl975 brought this up. I was thinking yesterday about that way the DLH used to be and I remebered that toy store (Mickey's Corner) but I couldn't remember if it is the Fantasia Shop now, or if it was it's own store. Thatnks for clearing that up dsny1mom! I loved that whole area and I am sad it's gone.