PDA

View Full Version : using WDW parkhopper tickets at Disneyland

mominmass
06-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Can I use WDW parkhopper tickets at Disneyland? If I can how do I do it?
Thanks for the help.

scanmom
06-18-2007, 01:37 PM
I believe that you need to take your PH to guest relations and they can change it for you. That being said, unless you know for sure that you will never be going to WDW again, it is not a financially sound idea. The PH passes at DLR are much, much cheaper than the WDW PH passes. That is why they will let you use WDW passes at DLR, and not the other way around. If you will be visiting WDW again in the future, you will save money by hanging on to your WDW PH passes, and just buying new DLR PH passes. Plus, with a DLR multi-day PHP you get and EE day, I am not sure if you would get that if you simply convert your WDW passes. I believe that you have to convert your WDW pass day-by-day.... and that seems like a hassle to me!!! (but I am not sure that is how they do it... I just THINK that is how it is done!). Have fun!!! :cool:

Malcon10t
06-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Can I use WDW parkhopper tickets at Disneyland? If I can how do I do it?
Thanks for the help.
From mousesavers.com

"Interesting, unpublished fact: you can use any unexpired, leftover days on a Walt Disney World ticket at Disneyland or DCA! Present the Disney World ticket at the gate on arrival -- they will take it somewhere, deduct a day from it, and give you a one-day Disneyland and/or DCA ticket. You can repeat this day by day until the Disney World ticket is used up. They will not give you a multi-day ticket all at once, even if you have multiple days left on your Disney World ticket.

The type of Disneyland ticket you will receive is based on the Walt Disney World ticket you present: if you have a Disney World ticket with the Hopper option, you will get a Disneyland Hopper that allows you to visit both parks in the same day; on the other hand, if the Disney World ticket had no Hopper option, you will get a one-day/one-park ticket and will have to pick which park to enter that day. This has been going on for at least 5 years that I know of, and the information was last reconfirmed by a MouseSavers.com reader as of May 2007.

Disneyland passes are NOT accepted at Walt Disney World, and Annual Passes are only good at the park where they were purchased (WDW Annual Passes are NOT good at Disneyland, and vice versa). "

AngelInside
06-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Disneyland passes are NOT accepted at Walt Disney World, and Annual Passes are only good at the park where they were purchased (WDW Annual Passes are NOT good at Disneyland, and vice versa). "

has this always been the case? I thought a few years back if you had a WDW Annual Pass you could use it at disneyland, but I could have misread it.

stan4d_steph
06-18-2007, 05:30 PM
has this always been the case? I thought a few years back if you had a WDW Annual Pass you could use it at Disneyland, but I could have misread it.As far as I know, you have never been able to use annual passes at any park other than the issuing park.

ariel39
06-18-2007, 08:05 PM
We went to Disneyworld in 2000 and purchased AP's as it was cheaper to do that then purchase tickets. We were there for about 2 weeks. They were very very specific that you CAN'T use them at Disneyland. We asked as we live on the west coast and wanted to use them there.:(

JohnGar
06-18-2007, 08:35 PM
From mousesavers.com

"Interesting, unpublished fact: you can use any unexpired, leftover days on a Walt Disney World ticket at Disneyland or DCA! Present the Disney World ticket at the gate on arrival -- they will take it somewhere, deduct a day from it, and give you a one-day Disneyland and/or DCA ticket. You can repeat this day by day until the Disney World ticket is used up. They will not give you a multi-day ticket all at once, even if you have multiple days left on your Disney World ticket.

Do you have to purchase the "No expiration" option on the WDW tickets and is it transferable with WDW finger reader?

We're DLR APs and we're going to WDW next year for two days (before the repo cruise; see below). Not sure if we are going for three days, but I'd like the option to use the tickets here for guests if needed.

mominmass
06-19-2007, 05:34 AM
The parkhopper tickets that I have are not Magic your way tickets. We purchased them in 2001. Each has just one day left and I will only be at Disneyland 2 days. All of the tickets have been reissued with the biometric system and I wonder if I have the parkhoppers changed into tickets at Disneyland will they have to match up with the person who used the ticket in WDW? Also, they still have water park admission on them and I don't want to lose those days from the parkhopper tickets.

Drince88
06-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Do you have to purchase the "No expiration" option on the WDW tickets and is it transferable with WDW finger reader?
Considering one of the requirements from what Malcon10t posted from MouseSavers was that it be unexpired, unless you're doing it within 2 weeks of first use, then, yes, you'd have to puchase the no expiration option.

And considering I didn't see anywhere at the DL gates to deal with biometrics, I don't see how they COULD tie into that system.

Malcon10t
06-19-2007, 09:43 AM
The parkhopper tickets that I have are not Magic your way tickets. We purchased them in 2001. Each has just one day left and I will only be at Disneyland 2 days. All of the tickets have been reissued with the biometric system and I wonder if I have the parkhoppers changed into tickets at Disneyland will they have to match up with the person who used the ticket in WDW? Also, they still have water park admission on them and I don't want to lose those days from the parkhopper tickets.As long as there is no expiration date on them, you are good to go. DL does not have the biometric so no need there. I don't know about the water park info.

mominmass
06-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks for your help.

CharmingsWoman
06-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Would I be able to use my DL AP and get discounts at WDW?

Drince88
06-20-2007, 03:34 AM
Would I be able to use my DL AP and get discounts at WDW?

Nope. Can't use the WDW AP to get discounts at DL either (though when they kept asking me, I was tempted to whip it out and have them go :confused:! )