PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota Springs questions

Sulley Fan
06-18-2007, 09:44 AM
We just received a free upgrade to Sarasota Springs from All-Star Movies! :D
What things do I need to know about Sarasota Springs? My main questions concern refillable mugs and walking distance from rooms to the main building.

Where can you refill your mugs? I have read that you can do this at the pool bar and the main building. I was wondering if there was another location since the pool bar is very close to the main building.

How does the walk to the main building compare with the walk at CBR? We have stayed at CBR before and found that the walk was not that bad.

KJSJpipe
06-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Map of Saratoga Springs. (http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/SSMap.pdf) I am not sure about the mugs but proximity to the main building depends on which building you end up in.

geoffa
06-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Mugs are refillable at Artist's Palette (food court)

Drince88
06-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Mugs are refillable at Artist's Point (food court)

WOW, I can't believe they'd name the food court the same as a signature restaurant in another resort!

geoffa
06-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Whoops! My mistake - I've now amended my original post. It's Artist's PALETTE not Artist's Point. (Goof!)

I've indicated its location with a red ring on this map:
http://www.sca-group.co.uk/personal/darrin/artist's%20point.jpg

fletch1027
06-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Wow, how did you score a free upgrade from AS to SSR? That's awesome! :-)

jenjustinsmom
06-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Can you refill the cups any time of day? Or only when they are open?

geoffa
06-23-2007, 05:23 AM
I presume only when the place is open

Sulley Fan
07-03-2007, 04:55 AM
Wow, how did you score a free upgrade from AS to SSR? That's awesome! :-)

I really don't know how it happened. We received an e-mail stating that we had been awarded a free upgrade. The e-mail gave us a phone number to call and a code to give to the cast member. We were told that there were a limited number of rooms set aside for the upgrade.

We are very excited. My parents are making the trip with us this time, so that makes it even more exciting to get an upgrade like this.

jenjustinsmom
07-03-2007, 06:18 AM
I am surprised they are doing this now that they are moving people out of AKL. I am now nervous it is going to be really busy there.

Tony
07-03-2007, 07:06 AM
They just completed the last buildings at SSR , but the resort still isn't sold out. (And, Disney always keeps a portion of the availability for cash sales). So, there is a lot of excess capacity there right now. This isn't a bad way to use it, and exposes a lot of people to the benefits of staying at a DVC resort. Even better in their mind is that a lot of people, once they have stayed in a nicer property, say they won't ever go back. See it as a win/win for the mouse.