PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland the "Line" King

priyanka59
06-22-2002, 12:08 PM
Dear Mouse Pad Members,
I just read an article in the Via Magazine, which is Triple AAA's magazine. It was called "Disneyland: The "Line" King." It appeared in Via a year or so ago. Anyways, it was talking about the crowds at Disneyland. I am planning to go around July 25-28, will it be crowded. 2 of the days will be weekdays, except one is a Friday. One is also a Saturday. Will it be so crowded? Also the "line" king mentions that when you go to Disney theme parks you should not be ready to relax, you should be ready to wait in steamy hot lines especially in the summer months. Is this really true, I am pretty sure it will be crowded though. Hope you can answer my question. Thanks!!!

Disney Nick
06-22-2002, 12:14 PM
It will most definitely be crowded. It sounds like the article may have exaggerated though (better go find my copy ;)). Of course it's going to be crowded any day of the week during summer months, but hey you can still have tons of fun (I'm going July 4th -7th but I DONT CARE ! :D). You just have to be prepared for the lines. My plan is to get there at opening, stay til around 10-11 AM. Then head to DCA til around 1-2. Then go back to the room for some lunch and nap time. Then come back around 5-6 and go to DCA. Relax a bit there, take in some shows, then head to Disneyland at around 8-9. Then stay til closing! I definitely think if you at least, sort of plan your days and know to use FastPass everytime you can and take some much needed breaks, you will do fine. Have fun and tell us how it goes!

priyanka59
06-22-2002, 12:20 PM
I think I should stick with your plan. Your correct it will be crowded. Anyways, I think I really should stick with your plan, if it's ok that I borrow it, but it really makes sense, about which hours you would pick. That is also true, during the middle of the day is when the lines will be the longest, and DCA will be a little crowded but not much I suppose as compared to Disneyland. Thanks NMoreles.

RealDisneyLegend
06-22-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by priyanka59
Dear Mouse Pad Members,
I just read an article in the Via Magazine, which is Triple AAA's magazine. It was called "Disneyland: The "Line" King." It appeared in Via a year or so ago. Anyways, it was talking about the crowds at Disneyland. I am planning to go around July 25-28, will it be crowded. 2 of the days will be weekdays, except one is a Friday. One is also a Saturday. Will it be so crowded?

Yes, it will be crowded. But you can still enjoy yourself! Just be prepared to wait for a few things.

With FastPass you are (nearly) guaranteed to ride a few "headliners" each day, no matter how crowded. Take advantage of some of the less-popular rides, be willing to wait a while, and do things like hit the rides during the parades, etc.

heidiwhr
06-22-2002, 12:41 PM
Yes, it WILL be crowded. If your party doesn't mind not sitting together, you might try the single rider lines. I found that was definitely the best way to do Splash Mtn as you are only allowed 1 Fastpass per ride per day. Have fun, and do take NMoreles' advice...

lotsafuzz
06-22-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by heidiwhr
I found that was definitely the best way to do Splash Mtn as you are only allowed 1 Fastpass per ride per day.

One per DAY? Are you sure about that?

Disney Nick
06-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Umm.. it's not one per day. It's one at a time, with the exception of HM and Pirates. And go ahead and steal my schedule, just keep it a secret ;). I think I should explain why the times I picked. DCA opens at 10 and by around 10-11 Disneyland is starting to get really crowded. So head over to DCA and find a newly opened, less crowded park! DCA will start to get crowded too later in the day and by around 1-2 it gets to be too bad for my liking. So it's nap time!! The nighttime part of my "routine" is a little more open. Go back to the parks as soon as you feel rested. Some nights I'll go straight back to Disneyland and do the tiki room and mr. lincoln. Or I'll go back to DCA and do some shows (the last show of the day is a great time for Blast!) and maybe one ride with FastPass. DCA closes at 10 (at least next time I'm going) and I don't think it's worth it to be there til closing. Usually if I stay for the MSEP I will leave right after that. If I'm not going to watch it, I'll go to DL and catch Fantasmic (2nd show) and the fireworks. Whatever you do, be sure to keep getting FastPasses every time you get an open opportunity, even if the return time is a time when you will not be at the parks (they will usually take an expired FP from the same day, and if they don't it's not like it cost you anything extra). Hope I helped you out a little and don't hesitate to PM me with any questions you have. I used to run a few Disney/Disneyland web sites waay back in the day (about 4 years ago at least) so I'm pretty knowledgeable. And be sure to read MP as there is a ton of info here. Enjoy!

Disney Nick
06-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Anyone else got some tips for DL during the peak seasons? I'm sure I've left a TON of stuff out and MousePad is really about helping other people with their Disney experiences, so I'm sure that any additional help would be appreciated!

Ace
06-22-2002, 01:21 PM
the one a day probably meant that you were only able to get one each day before they ran out.

heidiwhr
06-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Sorry about the one per day thing - I haven't had to use Fastpasses for a while myself as we now have a baby and do the rider swap thing. On past visits to DL we were able to go on just about everything with only a 20-or-so minute wait. This last time it seemed like all the lines were long, no matter the hour, no matter the day. Maybe that just shows how much everyone loves the "original" park!

Nigel2
06-22-2002, 08:51 PM
I think that the aticle he was refering to may have taken their info from the papers last summer when they were doing their stuff. I think they said the longest wait of 80+ (It may have been even higher) went to DLR's Splash Mountain.

priyanka59
06-23-2002, 09:18 AM
Thanks everybody, I could really use this info on my upcoming trips. I also went out and found some books, the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland by Bob Sehlinger, and Disneyland and Southern California with kids. Even though I am only 13 the 2nd books gives a very detailed description of every ride and eating place in the park, and it shows exactly how to structure your day depending on what you like to do. Thanks again!