PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 Expanding Membership

mmurray54
06-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Report on Business.com has a short article (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070614.RTICK14DISNEY/TPStory/Business) on Club 33. The interesting part is that they give pricing for memberships and they also talk about bumping up the total number of members.

Now Walt Disney Co. is opening the door a crack. It plans to increase the 487-member roster, said Gary Maggetti, who oversees Club 33 as head of Disneyland's food and beverage services. He said the total probably won't be raised much above 500. The challenge is figuring out how to allocate the new memberships.

Corporate memberships, which cost $20,000 (U.S.) plus $5,825 in annual fees and $4,375 a year for extra members, rarely turn over and are used more frequently, he said. Individual memberships run $7,500 plus $3,025 in annual dues.

What do you all think?

The Red Head
06-18-2007, 07:02 AM
Well, part of the information is slightly incorrect. The initiation fee for personal memberships, is no longer $7,500. The Club 33 raised it this year to $9,500. I also believe the annual dues amount for personal memberships is slightly off as well.

As far as what I think. If there are 487 members now and they raise it to 500, that is only 13 extra members. That still won't put a dent in the long wait list. I don't think the Club would expand it too much, as it would be impossible to make a reservation.