PDA

View Full Version : Went to the park last night and....

Rallymonkey23
06-22-2002, 10:31 AM
I noticed that the next Disney animated film will be Treasure Planet. I was walking by the Emporium and they had a display in the windows. Now, I totaly forgot who the story was about. I want to say Paul Revere. But not positive. I will check tommorrrow and confirm. Just thought I would share!

stan4d_steph
06-22-2002, 06:55 PM
Treasure Planet is based on Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island, but it all takes place in space. We went to Lilo and Stitch at the El Capitan and they showed a preview. This movie looks very cool. It would be great if Disney had two hits in a row.

9oldmen
06-22-2002, 07:37 PM
Sorry to get technical, but I think you mean "it would be great if Disney had two traditional animated features in a row become hits".

Rallymonkey23
06-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by stan4d_steph
Treasure Planet is based on Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island, but it all takes place in space. We went to Lilo and Stitch at the El Capitan and they showed a preview. This movie looks very cool. It would be great if Disney had two hits in a row.

Thanks for making me look like an idiot, err, I mean, Thanks for clearing that up for me! :D

You gonna be there tommorrow Stan4d_steph??

Ace
06-22-2002, 07:49 PM
it looks ok... a lot like Atlantis, which wasn't the best movie. However, there was a Pirate Flag (tm) on one of the ships, so I will definetly be seeing it. I mean, who can resist pirates? Not I!

Rallymonkey23
06-22-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
it looks ok... a lot like Atlantis, which wasn't the best movie.

Hey now, I liked Atlantis. But then again, I like ALL Disney movies.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pictures. :)

9oldmen
06-23-2002, 08:31 AM
However, there was a Pirate Flag (tm) on one of the ships
However, there was a Pirate Flag (tm) on one of the ships
Did you notice that instead of a skull and crossbones, or swords, the flag featured a skull and "electron" type elliptical shapes, like an "atomic" symbol. I guess that sums up the spirit of the movie, a sci-fi pirate story.

Ace
06-23-2002, 09:00 AM
sci-fi pirate story, eh? I'm there.

Superty88
06-23-2002, 09:24 AM
Sounds kinda dumb to me. But im sure if i saw the preview id be more relaxed to the idea. Anyone have some kind of link so I can see what it looks like?

Superty88
06-23-2002, 09:28 AM
Nevermind it looks pretty cool. I just found the link for the teaser trailer. And it took alot of skill to find www.TreasurePlanet.com lol.