PDA

View Full Version : Children admission...

disguy
06-22-2002, 10:02 AM
From Disneyland website: * Children under the age of 3 are admitted at no charge.

Would that mean ages 3 and under? Do they actually enforce this? For example if my child say looks 2 1/2 but is three will they want to see some type of info?

DisneylandKid
06-22-2002, 10:06 AM
No. At least that's the way it used to be.

9oldmen
06-22-2002, 10:11 AM
"Under the age of 3" does not mean "3 and under". That would be "under the age of 4". Disney has been accused of inconsistencies because some ads say "under the age of 3 are free", while others say "2 and under are free", when, in fact, both are saying the same thing. As far as how they verify age, I don't know.

EandCDad
06-22-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by disguy

Would that mean ages 3 and under? Do they actually enforce this? For example if my child say looks 2 1/2 but is three will they want to see some type of info?

If your child has had their 3rd birthday, you should buy them a ticket. I have never heard of them asking for verification. Probably, if it were an obviously older kid (like 7 or 8 or something), the CM at the gate would probably say something (although, they might not).

Disney Nick
06-22-2002, 10:38 AM
You really should buy them a ticket. It doesn't exactly teach your kids the best morals if they see their parents "cheating" their way into Disneyland. Of course, I can't tell you your own morals/values so it really depends on how truthful you are. The gate CM isn't going to question you, but he really shouldn't have to. So yes, you can get your kid in for free, but you really shouldn't.

Sonya in Boise
06-22-2002, 12:29 PM
My dd will have just turned 3 when we go in Oct. and I was debating with my self on fudging it.....But for me I can't do it. I'm not a "rule breaker". I've never been able to do thing like that. And with my luck, my dd will be so excited to be 3 she would tell everyone anyway. She is already telling everyone "I'm still 2, but soon I will be 3 and then we get to go see Mickey."

I'm hoping for a buy an adult ticket get a child for free promotion for the time we are going.

adriennek
06-22-2002, 09:22 PM
My son turned 3 before all APs were two-park APs. The day BEFORE his third birthday, his very good friend took him to DCA for one last ride on the "fishies" (carrousel) before his bday. That was the first time a CM at the gate ever asked how old he was. His very good friend (aka AVP) told the CM: He turns three *tomorrow* that's why he's here *today.*

A few days after he turned three, we bought his AP. I feel strongly about not teaching my child to lie. This is not a flame to others, just my opinion and the choice I've made.

And before someone says, "But you advocate taking snacks into Disneyland." Yes, I do. And I don't lie about it. When my bags are searched, the CMs see them. I haven't been told that outside food is forbidden. They suggest that you store it in a locker outside the park and they provide picnic tables outside the park for picnic meals.

Adrienne K

Uncle Dick
06-22-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by adriennek
I haven't been told that outside food is forbidden. They suggest that you store it in a locker outside the park and they provide picnic tables outside the park for picnic meals.

Adrienne K
From the old (pre-6/14 guidemap): "We request that no food or beverage be brought inside DisneylandŽ Park."

Granted, it doesn't come right out and say "Food and beverages are prohibited", but I think the implication is pretty clear, even though no CM is going to stop anyone from bringing food in.

johnnyrad
06-23-2002, 06:49 AM
save a few bucks... get em in for free as long as you can.... if the goody goodies want to be honest charlies and pay for ap's for a 3 year old...let them. Do what works for you.

cstephens
06-23-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by johnnyrad
save a few bucks... get em in for free as long as you can.... if the goody goodies want to be honest charlies and pay for ap's for a 3 year old...let them. Do what works for you.

Yep, lie and cheat and steal if it serves your purpose.

MonorailMan
06-23-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by cstephens

Yep, lie and cheat and steal if it serves your purpose.

Welcome to the 21st century.

HBTiggerFan
06-24-2002, 05:56 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

we all know where your morals/values are. You gonna advocate taking the $1.50 toy also to save a few bucks?

lets home he never reproduces. :eek:

justagrrl
06-24-2002, 06:04 AM

Ah...but life has a funny way of evening things out. I guarantee that you will have an absoltely crappy time if you cheat the system. Karma is like that - what goes around comes around. You steal....and before you know it....someone is out there jacking your car or something.

Do good....good comes back to you.

Do bad....bad comes back to you.

Here and now, the choices you make are the life you live.

Finally - see sig. line.

hefferdude
06-24-2002, 07:03 AM
save a few bucks... get em in for free as long as you can.... if the goody goodies want to be honest charlies and pay for ap's for a 3 year old...let them. Do what works for you. :crying:

If this is how one views one's relationship with the world,
then I wish you well friend.

This post is relevant to " Yet another thread about rude people at Disneyland...". Teaching a child honesty ( as well as the excitment
of getting one's very own first AP or even a simple first real ticket in. ) is very important early on. The next price jump comes about the same time as middleschool. With the abysmal state of affairs
that some 10 to 12 year olds conduct themselves both in and out of the public domain, once again, parents trying to reinforce the simple concept of honesty is critical. ( They kids can do what they want when they go to work in DC or the news media. :D ). Karma is very real.

EandCDad
06-24-2002, 08:32 AM
Just a word of advice, if you click on johnnyrad's profile and go to "search all posts by user" you can see the type of posts he usually throws out. I'd do that before bothering to respond to anything he says. I've made that mistake before.

dizneelover
06-24-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
Granted, it doesn't come right out and say "Food and beverages are prohibited", but I think the implication is pretty clear, even though no CM is going to stop anyone from bringing food in.

I went with my dad and my aunt to Disneyland way back in '89 or 1990. We had stopped off at McDonalds on the way for breakfast and thought we would just go sit in the park at a table or bench and eat. When we got to the main gate, the CM asked us to please eat our food outside the park gates because we would not be allowed in with the food. We haven't tried to take "outside" food in the park since then so I have no idea if they still do that.

Darkbeer
06-24-2002, 12:26 PM
From the new "Guide to the Magic", under Tips and Information...

Picnic Area.

A picnic area is located west of the Disneyland park main enterance for your convenience. We request that no food or beverage be brought inside either theme park.

But, the Security and Entry gate CM's don't enforce it most of the time, they would stop you if you had a big bag of KFC to bring in, but a few snacks and goodies to keep the kids (of all ages) entertained while standing in queues, well, the park understands that. So, is there a gray area, yes, and the problem with grey areas is that the line is not defined. One CM might ask you not to bring in the one KFC sandwich he finds in your backpack and another CM wouldn't say anything. So it is up to us to self police, would I love to bring in a six pack of beer, and watch Fantasmic! with some friends, YES... have I, NO!, I used to go the Disneyland Hotel (and now DCA and/or DD) to have a beeer, then come back to the park. Have I brought snacks like beef jerky in, yes!

As for tickets, Do I try and avoid paying full price, of course, I look for deals before I go, and if I can't find any, I will always ask if they are offering AAA or other discounts before purchasing.....I will play by the rules, but I am not just going to hand over my money with blind allegiance... if money is tight, I will walk across the street to one of the restaurants on Harbor, or wait until leaving the park to grab a bite to eat....

Uncle Dick
06-24-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by dizneelover
We haven't tried to take "outside" food in the park since then so I have no idea if they still do that.
Now that bag checks have been instituted, there's really no good way to "smuggle" food into the park. Disney realizes this and doesn't require outside food to be consumed outside the park. They kindly ask that you do, but nobody's twisting your arm. Just be discreet and properly dispose of your trash when you're all done.