PDA

View Full Version : Fun Poses for Pictures around the Park?

Pages : [1] 2

orangechicken
06-17-2007, 01:36 PM
So I'm going on a road trip to DLR with 5 of my college friends in September. It's going to be an amazing trip with 3 days in the parks.

We are all obsessed with our digital cameras, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of fun pictures that we could take. Either on rides, in the parks, at night, during the day, with characters (any interesting ones?), in front of the castle, anywhere! We want to take as many memorable pictures as possible, so any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Bytebear
06-17-2007, 01:53 PM
If the Mark Twain is up and running, a great shot can be taken from the top level back of the boat looking back on New Orleans Square as you sail toward the back of the island. It is really nice at night, but you will need to know your camera settings to get the night shot just right.

sjcivilady
06-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I learned about the one where you are in Calif Adv, across the water from Screamin on this board. We found it easily. Your subject has his/her back to Screamin and the mickey ears of the loop look like ears on your subject. Sorry I don't know how to insert a pic - plus my cousin's daughter was tired I think, cause she isn't looking really happy - and she didn't know what I was doing when I snapped it. Hope that makes sense.

Wrldtrvlr
06-17-2007, 08:26 PM
In DCA, lots of background locations to take cool pics in Hollywood area.

First, of course, the end of the street near Hyperion.

The Animation building has several actual backdrops inside, and also the "happily ever after" at the exit.

At Monsters Inc. there is the cab outside from the attraction.

Nearby the restroom is Cruellas dressing room and the collection of different phones (like the old english ones).

At DL, the "Little green men store" at the exit of Buzz has a painted backdrop for a photo op for Buzz and the little green men giving you a Medal.

Disneynerd
06-17-2007, 08:49 PM
As you walk thru Sleeping Beauty's castle a gold spike marks the geographical center of the park (it doesn't really, but it's a good story). Here's a pic of me 'n' my kid pointing at it:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/Disneynerd/IMG_0707.jpg

Mrs Mouse
06-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Sleeping Beauty Castle is always a good bet but it can be hard to get a clean shot of it. We like to take photos from the side paths next to the castle (does that make sense?). The castle looks really neat from this different angle and you can take shots with or without people in them.

Character wise, there are a few areas where you can get photos with appropriately themed backgrounds, like Pooh and Friends at Pooh's Corner or with Mickey and Minnie at their respective houses in Toon Town. Characters freely roam the park, however, and the best photos are those great impromptu ones when you stumple upon someone as you're making your way through the park. We have a great one of Captain Hook taking a ride on the Storybook Land Canal Boats, waving at the camera just before being swallowed up by Monstro! (I'd post it, but I don't know how!)

In DCA, one great place to take pictures is in the area surrounding GRR. There are all sorts of trails and clearings with great shots of the mountain, trees and waterfalls. You can get some beautiful photos there.

There are SO many great places to take photos in the park - you'll come home with more than you'll know what to do with! Happy picture-taking!

backsthepack
06-18-2007, 10:29 AM
**I didn't read all of the responses, so excuse any repeats!

A good one to get is someone trying to pull the sword from the stone in front (or behind depending on how you think of it) the castle.

Someone making a wish at the wishing well next to the castle.

The obvious one(s) of people with the letters in front of DCA

In front of the giant Mickey hat at the Downtown Disney entrance to the Disneyland Hotel

Pics of everyone with their "Bug" glasses on at the bug movie in DCA

Some of my favorites are of family trying on the silly hats at the hat shops

Sitting in front of the Mickey and Walt statue in the center of Main Street

Standing in front of the entrance to Club 33

On the stairs (ugh, lost the name, mind is drawing a blank on the name of this area, someone add it in!!) in the alley in New Orleans Square

Raven
06-18-2007, 10:33 AM
When we were in college, a friend an I took pictures with our foot in the "cast in stone paw" of the matterhorn beast.

A Big Fan
06-18-2007, 10:37 AM
In Downtown Disney you can line it up to look like you're wearing the Sorcerer's Hat

mowsluver
06-18-2007, 11:39 AM
I ask total strangers to BE in our photos....when you stop someone to 'ask a favor' they usually assume that you want them to use your camera to take a pictur--you know, so everyone can be in it--well I ask them to be in the photo too!
That way they can go home and tell their friends/family about the 'fun' people they met in the park!

going2disneyAZ
06-18-2007, 03:00 PM
On the stairs (ugh, lost the name, mind is drawing a blank on the name of this area, someone add it in!!) in the alley in New Orleans Square

That would be the Courtyard of Angels.

seanutbutter
06-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Take a picture of you "holding" the castle! I've yet to do it myself, but I've seen many photos of others who have done it.

Disneynerd
06-18-2007, 03:12 PM
That would be the Courtyard of Angels.
When I was there in March, the couryard of angels was an extension of Pieces of Eight - an all pirate store.

backsthepack
06-18-2007, 03:20 PM
It was there this month, unblocked and ready for picture taking!

Pat-n-Eil
06-18-2007, 03:41 PM
When exiting the Disneyland Hotel toward downtown Disney, somewhere around the Rain Forest Cafe, you can have your subject stand under the Mickey Mouse sorcerer's hat (from Fantasia).

I've tried, but didn't quite get it right - here's one of our attempts.

http://www.thompent.com/disneyland/disney2006/2006dlr%20015.jpg

neverlander
06-18-2007, 03:47 PM
My favorite shot is in front of the fountain and sun sculpture at the Sunshine Plaza (DCA) right before dusk. The colors are gorgeous.

orangechicken
06-18-2007, 11:31 PM
These are all awesome! I haven't been to DLR in a couple of years, are people still as friendly as they were when asked to take a photo for you? I hope so, because I want to try all of these ideas!

Pat-n-Eil
06-19-2007, 06:49 AM
I learned about the one where you are in Calif Adv, across the water from Screamin on this board. We found it easily. Your subject has his/her back to Screamin and the mickey ears of the loop look like ears on your subject. Sorry I don't know how to insert a pic - plus my cousin's daughter was tired I think, cause she isn't looking really happy - and she didn't know what I was doing when I snapped it. Hope that makes sense.

The Disney photographer did this to my wife.. maybe on purpose?

Here's the shot:

http://www.thompent.com/disneyland/disney2004/dlrjun04-48.jpg

tink's mom
06-19-2007, 06:56 AM
These are all awesome! I haven't been to DLR in a couple of years, are people still as friendly as they were when asked to take a photo for you? I hope so, because I want to try all of these ideas!

I think many are, I actually was about to take a pic of my DD in front of Cruella De Vil's trailer, last week ,and a girl actually walked up and offered to take the pic so I could be in it too.

Mrs Mouse
06-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Another place for great photos is in Mickey's House, in Toontown. If you go at a time that is slower you can take your time as you wander through the house and there are a ton of great props to pose with in every room. The same goes for Minnie's House.

Mrs Mouse
06-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Sorry about the double post, guys. I don't know what I did and I can't get it to go away! :rolleyes:

Another place for great photos is in Mickey's House, in Toontown. If you go at a time that is slower you can take your time as you wander through the house and there are a ton of great props to pose with in every room. The same goes for Minnie's House.

mckyfoto
06-19-2007, 09:20 AM
We are all obsessed with our digital cameras, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of fun pictures that we could take...

you might give a look at the MP photo tips series for ideas... there are 5 different articles. You can get the links for the pages here:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/search.php?type=w&aid=fa

(look for "photo tips #1-#5")

have fun!

going2disneyAZ
06-19-2007, 12:01 PM
When I was there in March, the couryard of angels was an extension of Pieces of Eight - an all pirate store.

That's too bad. I love that spot, especially at Christmas time.

What's "Disney"?
06-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Photography is an art. And the art of photography is composition. This is something you have; you aquire through trial and error or classes; or you just don't have. My suggestion is to look at Disneyland. Look at every thing, every detail. Then, use the art of composition to create pictures. You could have an award winner of, say, an old man sitting on a bench. You could take a picture of Snow White's Castle and it be nothing more than a snapshot. What to take and when to take it is something you will either need to take classes on or learn your self. Good Hunting! Chuck...

Snow White's Castle? :confused:

Bytebear
06-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Snow White's Castle? :confused:

You know. That building where you go on a "Scary Adventure".