PDA

View Full Version : It's the little things at Disneyland that I appreciate

cstephens
06-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Even as a regular, I don't always remember to keep my eyes open, to look at everything, but there are a few spots that I've taught myself to pay special attention to because it's one of those without a lot of fanfare and that doesn't bring people through the turnstiles but really adds to the little touches.

There's a little walkway between Fantasyland and the Carnation Plaza area (on the other side of Rancho Del Zocalo and famed location of the mysterious "hidden bathroom") that's parallel to the Once Upon a Time Princess shop to the side of the castle. During Disneyland's 50th, I discovered that they had dressed the window on the side of the walkway with original pictures of the castle being built and some additional information. (Unfortunately, I don't think we ever managed to get pictures because it's not in a non-glare-friendly location.) It's a tucked away spot that most people just walk right past without necessarily noticing the window, but I appreciated the gem for those who did happen to notice. Walking by the spot again tonight, I noticed that a row of little thrones had been set up. At first, I thought it was just to illustrate Sleeping Beauty's parents and such, but upon closer examination, it was actually a tribute to all the princesses. One throne had an apple on it, for Snow White. Another throne had a sea-greenish something or other and a fork, for Ariel. Another throne had a rose, for Belle. Another throne had a ball of yarn, for Sleeping Beauty. I know there was a fifth throne, and I'm presuming it was for Cinderella, but I can't remember what was on it.

Kudos for whomever maintains that particular window!

Leap for Joy
06-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely look for it when I'm there this week.

Mrs Mouse
06-18-2007, 08:51 AM
That's such a cute little tribute! I hope it's still there when we're at DL in three weeks.

One thing I always love is reading the fake job postings that are tacked up on one of the porches on Main Street. They're full of little Disney puns and innuendos and I think they're just great!