PDA

View Full Version : Princess rafts [and other changes] in Fantasmic! [merged]

cstephens
06-17-2007, 01:00 AM
OK, one would think that I've seen Fantasmic enough times to know this answer myself. One would be wrong.

I saw Fantasmic tonight, and during the sequence when the princesses move across on their rafts, each of the floats was lit with blue lights, and then during each particular princess' specific segment/song, her float lit up multicolored, and then when her turn was over, the lights turned back to blue. I seem to remember that all of their floats were normally completely lit from the time the sequence begins. So, is this something new that they added during the refurb, was this something they changed fairly recently (last couple years), or has it always been like this? Whatever it is, I like it because it helps to better direct your attention.

Someone help me out? Thanks.

yohomama212
06-17-2007, 06:32 AM
I saw F! on Friday night and I noticed this too. I think it is new, but I'm not an expert on it so I can't be certain! I was actually wondering if the chimeny sweeps have always been on the top of the Mark Twain when it passes by with all the characters during the finale!

Elizabeth

Malcon10t
06-17-2007, 06:52 AM
That was one of the refurb items. All new princess floats. I haven't seen it yet, but was told about it a few weeks ago. They said only those who have seen it many times woull notice the difference.

And the chimmney sweeps are always on top, UNLESS it is too windy or wet.

Leap for Joy
06-17-2007, 07:55 AM
We began viewing F! in 2004 and have always noticed that the lights are solid during the other songs and twinkling during the particular song. I don't remember there being a color change though.

AaronInCal
06-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes, the lights on the Princess barges used to be basically Christmas lights which were on solid and in color until that particular Princess' moment in the spotlight came, then the lights would twinkle. Now they have LED lights which allows them to have the color change and even do a new effect at the end of the segment, when the witch comes out. The barges don't just turn off the lights.. They "sparkle out" when the thunder happens. It's hard to explain. Just keep watching the barges till they disappear and don't get distracted by the witch, and you'll see it.

SpacedOutCM
06-17-2007, 03:28 PM
from youtube..

Before -
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xmE-bjopL84
After -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smUFM3lBwCU

Leap for Joy
06-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks SpacedOutCM!!! The LEDs look gorgeous! I can't wait to see this in person!

misdisney
06-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Wow! Thanks SpacedoutCM that was very cool. I can't wait to see it in November! Hey speaking of Fantasmic I heard that they moved the water front viewing somewhere else. Has anyone seen it since and is it better than where it was?

yohomama212
06-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't remember actually seeing the river-front seating before, but I don't think it has moved. We were standing near them on Friday night, they're decent seats but I don't know that I would pay to sit there even if it meant a decent dessert and NOT having to stand for an hour and a half to save a spot!

Elizabeth

Another Dimension
06-18-2007, 12:35 AM
The color changes are new and definitely cool looking... and word is all the old lights have all been replaced with new LEDs on those barges...

I heard the LED blacklighting during the 'monkeys sequence' using the same princess barges, looks really cool as well.

Nice upgrades!
:cool:

...and the Chimney Sweeps have been on top of the Twain for years now. When it's not, wet and/or windy... and of course, when they show up.

They seem to be a rarity during many of the 2nd and (and when scheduled) 3rd F! showings...

Mickey
06-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Fantasmic Upgrades,
The floats that have the monkeys and princesses were updated with new lighting , they look awesome!
I liked the princesses floats with the^magical effects^^ now each float turns on with colors when the princesses start singing , go check it out so you can see what up.
I think new speakers were added to ,
the audio was incredible, more lights, it`s a fresh new fantasmic!