PDA

View Full Version : Uncommon character photos

Pages : [1] 2 3

CaptainTom
06-16-2007, 08:58 PM
hey I was wondering what uncommon characters people have had their picture taken with (for example Mr.Potato Head, Boo, Tinkerbell) or if characters like these are even out there for photos, thanks

yohomama212
06-17-2007, 06:39 AM
I have a pic from about 4.5 years ago of DS with Mr. Smee. I haven't seen him in the parks recently.

Elizabeth

bloodnswash
06-17-2007, 07:38 AM
I know he's not odd or anything but I have Donald Duck. I've heard a lot of people say that Donald is hard to come by these days.

My son has Combat Karl. That was great! :) He was between the two parks...running around hiding behind garbage cans.

Oh yeah, and Daisy Duck....you never see her roaming the park. I was lucky and got her at the POTC 3 Premiere party.

Minnnnnieeeee
06-17-2007, 02:53 PM
A few years ago, while walking between DCA and DL, I got a picture with one of the army men from Toy Story! It was cool! I never see those guys anymore.

PanFan
06-17-2007, 04:19 PM
One of my CM friends claims he saw Don Carnage (from Tale Spin) about 6 months ago. I'm not sure I believe him, but he sounded sincere. No picture to prove it one way or the other. Clarabelle Cow has been out in Toontown a lot lately. I'd never seen her before.

CaptainTom
06-17-2007, 04:24 PM
is there a list anywhere that tells you what characters are at disneyland (a complete list, not just what ones are out that day)?

taingirlsmom
06-17-2007, 04:29 PM
If you ask for specific characters at City Hall, they can tell you if they will be out that day. I have pics of me with the 3 pigs and wolf from when I was a kid along with one of the dwarfs. My girls are dying to see Daisy Duck!!!

Chadsgal
06-17-2007, 04:33 PM
We have pics w/ Darkwing Duck, & Max from Goof Troop. Oh and the Geinie, Jafar, Aladdin & Jasmin. Havn't seen any of thoes for a long time.

Minnnnnieeeee
06-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't know for sure if this is true but...

I was at Disneyland a few summers ago and watched MuppetVision 3D with my family. At the end, a very noticeable character comes out - after the show, my sister asked to take a picture with him. A Cast Member replied that she couldn't; that the character was the only character in the park who could not be allowed to have his picture taken! So that would be the most uncommon character photo of all! :p

I'd like to get a picture of Belle with her traditional blue outfit and white apron - does she come out in that, or just the familiar yellow ballgown?

IdahoMike
06-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Belle was out in January in DCA in the blue & white outfit. If you want Daisy Duck, the best way is to go to the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at the PCH Grill, she's usually there.

tink's mom
06-17-2007, 06:59 PM

I was at Disneyland a few summers ago and watched MuppetVision 3D with my family. At the end, a very noticeable character comes out - after the show, my sister asked to take a picture with him. A Cast Member replied that she couldn't; that the character was the only character in the park who could not be allowed to have his picture taken! So that would be the most uncommon character photo of all! :p

I'd like to get a picture of Belle with her traditional blue outfit and white apron - does she come out in that, or just the familiar yellow ballgown?

I just saw this show for the first time this week. At the end of the show they said if you didn't leave your 3-d glasses in the bin outside, that this character, that you spoke of, would come after you. And I was thinking "really? That would so rock!":)

misdisney
06-17-2007, 07:38 PM
I got a picture a few years ago with Daisy. Shes my favortie , I even have a tattoo of her. Since then I have never seen her out. Peter Pan and Wendy we saw last year together. That was exciting as I had never seen them before.:D

DopeyWife
06-17-2007, 08:10 PM

The three times we have been to Goofy's Kitchen, Belle has been there in her blue and white outfit.

ssturgeo
06-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Daisy is often at the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel.

bloodnswash
06-18-2007, 07:57 AM

I have seen her at DL a couple of times in the blue outfit.

Mrs Mouse
06-18-2007, 08:09 AM
We managed to get a picture with Daisy during the 50th Celebration (the only time I've ever seen her anywhere in the park) and also caught up with Piglet last year, just outside the Splash Mountain exit.

I once saw all seven dwarfs lined up along the Small World Promenade (is that what it's called?) posing for individual pictures and signing autographs. I kick myself to this day that I didn't hop in line, because I haven't seen them since!

yellowrosedtxn
06-18-2007, 08:10 AM
I went to Lilo and Stitch's breakfast in 2005 and saw Daisy there. I think I have seen Donald in Toontown.

Here is a list of characters that have been seen at Disneyland, whether you can "FIND" them or not, I have no clue:

http://dlandfriends.com/guide/

I have yet to see Belle in the blue and white outfit.

I have taken pictures of the Mice from Cinderella.

IdahoMike
06-18-2007, 08:12 AM
I forgot about Piglet! We met him last year near Splash Mtn, and then just last week, we walked by the Plaza Inn and saw him at the Minnie & Friends breakfast. Looks like they were changing up the characters there a little bit, as we also saw Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum one day, and J. Worthington Foulfellow (Honest John) one day, so Minnie & Friends might be a good spot to get some uncommon characters. We also saw Rabbit once last summer, but haven't seen him since.

yellowrosedtxn
06-18-2007, 08:16 AM
I forgot about Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum as well as some characters from Pinocchio. I got them last year or the year before. I won't be there again until December so I hope to see some other "rare" characters.

I have a spreadsheet now of all the characters to look for!

Ohthatjeff
06-18-2007, 09:46 AM

Sweetums?

I wonder if it had to do with the fact that they didn't own the Muppets at the time and perhaps could only legally use the characters within the show?

jeffthechef
06-18-2007, 09:52 AM
We ran into the penguin from Mary Poppins between the hub and tomorrowland in May. He signed my DD autograph book as "Mr Penguin."

DangerMouse
06-18-2007, 10:14 AM
The most extensive character photo collection I have seen online is by our own disneyjones (who I am shocked hasn't visited this thread!). He and his girls have found the rarest characters in the park. I'd post his photo link, but I'm not sure it would be approrpiate. . .

Jonesy? Where are you??

cillydznygirl
06-18-2007, 11:49 AM
I really wish we could get a photo with Tink, but I think she only appears in the parades. Am I correct on this?

SJF510
06-18-2007, 12:16 PM
This weekend at Camp Pin-e-haha they had the Country Bears out. I've never seem them as characters. That was a lot of fun.

Mrs Mouse
06-18-2007, 12:22 PM
As I keep reading, I'm reminded of some more:

The mice from Cinderalla, as well as Prince Charming and the Fairy Godmother
Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit
Gepetto and some other Pinnochio characters (whose names I obviously don't know)
Bert from Mary Poppins and one of the Penguins
Genie, from Aladdin (man does that ever make for a great photo!)
Baloo, from the Jungle Book