PDA

View Full Version : PotC modifications? [from Pirates 3 movie]

CaptainTom
06-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey, has anyone herd if POTC will be getting any new additions from at worlds end? there are sooo many awsome effects that could be added.

kaybee2
06-17-2007, 08:13 AM
One of the modifications/updates/switches (in other words, I don't know what you'd call it!) that has been done I noticed yesterday while on the ride.

During the looting scene, there was that poor pirate by the lamppost (the guy holding onto the lamppost holding the torch) who for the longest time had a model's head on his head. I read somewhere, hiddenmickeys.com I think, that he had kept catching fire and they stopped fixing and replacing his head and just put a model head on there. Creepy - the guy has no eyes and his mouth doesn't move.

Anyways, I got SO excited yesterday - he had a real animantronic head on! He was singing! He had eyes! Wow! And being the Disney geek that I am, the world seemed a much better place. The pirate was singing again. Ahhhh...

Then our boat got to the jail scene. And guess what was there? Of course, the model head! They swapped out the head with one of the jailbirds (the first group). My heart sank. There might even be a little more to this, but I want to ride again today to be sure before I write what I think I saw.

Is this something that is typically done? Move a "dummy" prop around? Or maybe they got sick of people complaining?