PDA

View Full Version : A Wonderful Pirates Experience

DisneylandKid
06-21-2002, 09:22 PM
I went on Pirates today, and for some reason, I noticed so many more little details than ever. I've been on that ride 100+ times, but still there was something different about the ride. It was as if they had narrowed the flumes, because I really felt as if I was in the scenes with the pirates. Very neat experience. Just wanted to share.

lilblckrncloud
06-21-2002, 11:32 PM
POTC is the one ride we always go on, every single time we go to Dland, without fail. I went on it tonight for the first time in a while since we hadn't been to the park in a couple months, and for some reason I could not stop smiling! I thought it was just because I had missed it so much, but maybe they did do something a little different. I noticed that it was going quite a bit slower than usual (probably because there were so many boats in the water) so that may have contributed to that feeling of being "in" the scenes. In any event, I was just beaming the whole time, and was so glad we stopped into the park for an hour after seeing Lilo & Stitch at DTD even if we only went on one ride. It was well worth it! :D

heidiwhr
06-22-2002, 07:50 AM
Pirates has always held a special place in my heart. Knowing this, my hubby proposed at the Blue Bayou 6 1/2 years ago. When we took our 7 month old to DL 3 weeks ago the first ride we took him on was Pirates. It seemed like the ride was darker, the boats went through a little slower, and seeing the awe in my son's eyes made the magic even stronger. Although I still love the coasters, POTC remains my all-time favorite.