PDA

View Full Version : Random Pirates of the Caribbean question [music changes]

cillydznygirl
06-15-2007, 08:35 AM
I was watching a ride thru of POTC on YouTube. And after the drop I could hear the music for Yo Ho but not the words. Do they still play the words or is it just instrumental? I haven't been on it since the additions and I was wondering if that had changed as well.

stan4d_steph
06-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Going by memory, the music after the second drop when going by the skeletons and treasure room is instrumental only and I believe has been that way since before the most recent changes. I'm no POTC expert though!

jdee
06-15-2007, 10:23 AM
The words are sung when you enter the town burning.

yohomama212
06-15-2007, 10:25 AM
The words don't start until after the bride auction. It's instrumental from the bottom of the second drop until the words start!

Elizabeth

bloodnswash
06-15-2007, 10:53 AM
This was discussed at another site. And thank goodness it was cuz I thought I was losing my mind. :) I was there on 2 trips in May. The first trip the music was instrumental (it used to be Yo Ho being sung). On our second trip the music was back to Yo Ho being sung. Another poster had said that it seemed that DL was changing it back and forth from one day to the next. As of right now, I don't know what is being played at that spot.

smd4
06-15-2007, 12:14 PM
The words don't start until after the bride auction. It's instrumental from the bottom of the second drop until the words start!

ElizabethA good soundtrack for the attraction will demonstrate that this isn't true.

cillydznygirl
06-15-2007, 12:58 PM
This was discussed at another site. And thank goodness it was cuz I thought I was losing my mind. :)

Ok I am glad I am not the only one. I could have sworn you heard the words after the drop. I play the song for my two year old every morning on our way to daycare (I am not disney crazed I swear). I was going to be very disappointed if he couldn't hear them sing the words on the ride.

Thanks again guys!!!

smd4
06-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Actually, I haven't ridden the ride since the Sparrow modifications. I'm referring to the pre-Sparrow glory days.

Perhaps today, there are no words?

cillydznygirl
06-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Actually, I haven't ridden the ride since the Sparrow modifications. I'm referring to the pre-Sparrow glory days.

Perhaps today, there are no words?

Thats what I am afraid of. I haven't been on it since Sparrow, but before I could swear they sung the words.

Anybody been on it this week? :)

stan4d_steph
06-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Ok I am glad I am not the only one. I could have sworn you heard the words after the drop. I play the song for my two year old every morning on our way to daycare (I am not disney crazed I swear). I was going to be very disappointed if he couldn't hear them sing the words on the ride.

Thanks again guys!!!There are two drops on the ride. The words are sung after the first drop and before the second, but after the second it is only instrumental until you get to the part after the auction.

geoffa
06-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Exactly! I think people are tending to connect words with the fact they see the singing trio with the donkey as you pass into the burning town but lyrics are heard in earlier parts of the ride.

Cnjp
06-15-2007, 01:30 PM
There are two drops on the ride. The words are sung after the first drop and before the second, but after the second it is only instrumental until you get to the part after the auction.

That's how it was when we were there last week. However, from June 2006 to May 2007, the music was the traditional instrumental (no vocals) after the first drop and then the slow, new age, film soundtrack instrumental immediately after the second.

We were very pleased to hear the vocals, after the first drop, return. It felt a bit more like the original attraction to us. :)

Mark Mywords
06-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Cool, so the vocals after the first drop are back? Awesome! The change to an instrumental "Yo-ho" after the first drop was my only disappointment from the post-Sparrow POTC.