PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my AAA packets yesterday!

Pat-n-Eil
06-15-2007, 07:20 AM
After work yesterday, I cruised over to the AAA office to pick up our bundles of fun for our upcoming trip. (I won't mention how many days since that will likely move this into the countdown thread, never to be heard from again).

I was excited and went through all of the stuff just to make sure it was there. I was a little surprised by the new credit card style plastic parkhoppers. That makes total sense to me as it makes them more waterproof and just more durable in your pocket or lanyard. We got the nice Disneyland luggage tags, Priority Seating for Muppets 3d, It's a Bugs Life and most importantly Aladdin at the Hyperion.

I had to put them away quickly so my wife and daughter wouldn't look and see that we were staying at the Grand Calfornian instead of the Park Place Inn.

Just excited and wanted to share this next milestone in the trip planning.. :)

(moderators please don't move this post. It is not a countdown post)

MouseWife
06-15-2007, 08:17 AM
What a wonderful surprise, the GC and not PPI!!! Oh my! How will you ever be able to keep that a secret? :)

It sounds like a wonderful trip.

bloodnswash
06-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Have a GREAT time!!! You will really enjoy the Grand :)

Pat-n-Eil
06-15-2007, 11:12 AM
What a wonderful surprise, the GC and not PPI!!! Oh my! How will you ever be able to keep that a secret? :)

It sounds like a wonderful trip.

Well, I've kept it a secret for 8 months so far. My family saw me make the reservations online for the BWPPI.. they didn't see me cancel them later and book the GCH.. (and they don't know I have a Limo picking us up at the airport, either!).

I even have arranged to tell the Limo driver that we're going to BWPPI but he knows to go to the GCH. My video camera will be rolling to get both surprises on tape.. And my camera too.

Pat-n-Eil
06-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Have a GREAT time!!! You will really enjoy the Grand :)

I know we will. We've stayed there twice in the past. The last time was an awesome park view room.

Pics taken from the room balcony:
http://www.thompent.com/disneyland/disney2005/zdlr0805-03.jpg

http://www.thompent.com/disneyland/disney2005/zdlr0805-05.jpg

This time I only asked for a standard view.. but my folks will be arriving there a day earlier and they do have a park view (they're the only ones aware of my secret plan) so I'm going to try and get a room near them and maybe I'll get an upgrade.

DrAlice
06-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Well, I've kept it a secret for 8 months so far. My family saw me make the reservations online for the BWPPI.. they didn't see me cancel them later and book the GCH.. (and they don't know I have a Limo picking us up at the airport, either!).

I even have arranged to tell the Limo driver that we're going to BWPPI but he knows to go to the GCH. My video camera will be rolling to get both surprises on tape.. And my camera too.

You rock!!!! That will be a great moment.

DebT
06-15-2007, 03:19 PM
You are awesome! Can't wait to hear the "reaction" details when the surprises reveal themselves.

10-97
06-16-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm getting excited, and it's not even my vacation.

allye
06-16-2007, 08:04 PM
I wish we were going, maybe next spring. Would like stay at GC just once. My DH And DS love the monorail. They would like a room with view of that. Go Figure.

Susan L
06-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Have a wonderful time:D

SpaceMTJunkie
06-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Thursday morning, Nemo, early entry. We will see you there.

~Dano

ktrm
06-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Be sure to tell us how the trip goes. If memory serves me correctly, you went on a trip to DL not too long ago and stayed at the DLH. I remember you saying they upgraded you to a better view. I really enjoyed your trip report and got some good ideas.

Pat-n-Eil
06-18-2007, 05:11 AM
Be sure to tell us how the trip goes. If memory serves me correctly, you went on a trip to DL not too long ago and stayed at the DLH. I remember you saying they upgraded you to a better view. I really enjoyed your trip report and got some good ideas.

Thanks.. I will have my laptop with me as well as my digital and video cameras. I will spend at least the first day with both units going and though I probably won't be able to post pictures until I get back, I intend on posting trip reports at the end of each day... stay tuned :)

Pat-n-Eil
06-25-2007, 06:13 AM
I just printed out my bording passes for our flight tomorrow from Sacramento to Orange County. Looking at them just reassures me that this long anticipated trip to Disneyland is finally about here.

I actually enjoy the flourish of activity that occurs today.. Double check my AAA itinerary packets, charge up the camcorder and digital camera batteries, printed out my bording passes, load up my mp3 player for th airport & flight. Later I'll take the dog to the kennel and pack my 3 oz. liquids in my 1 qt. zip lock bag per the TSA guidelines, make sure my laptop is ready, clean the kitchen and vacuum because we like coming home to a clean house. I'll double check my work voicemail message and email out of office assistant. Maybe I'll wash the car before we take it ot the airport tomorrow morning.

What else can I do to pass the time before going to my favorite place?

A little yard work, some pool maintenance, maybe give it an extra inch of water before our trip.

And of course, stay abreast of things here on the mousepad.

Is there anything else like a Disneyland Trip to get you psyched up for vacation? I think not!

nvmom
06-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Is there anything else like a Disneyland Trip to get you psyched up for vacation? I think not! Isn't it the truth! :)

Have a great time! We'll be waiting to hear how the surprise goes. I remember when you first posted about this..

nvmom