PDA

View Full Version : A few tidbits of news and info - 6/14/07

Darkbeer
06-14-2007, 01:12 PM
The Sailing Ship Columbia now has a new spiel, no mention of the fort, but they still fire the cannon twice, as a warning to the Pirates that are on the island.

Lighting McQueen and Mater no longer offer the drive up Meet and Greets in front of Golden Dreams (They drove up and sat around for about 20 minutes, then drove off stage). Now they are on stage the entire time that DCA is open. They are located across from Taste Pilots Grill, next to the Fly 'n' Buy shop. This only requires one CM to handle the entire area (and a Photo Pass person might be stationed there also), that is a major labor savings, but a nice benefit to guests, as the opportunity is about the same, and now you can access it whenever you are in the park.

They installed some new Double Seats on the Orange Stinger, but problems with the new seats only had them on the ride for one day. They have been removed and replaced with the original seating pattern,

Project Tomorrowland in Innoventions remains closed, and is back behind walls (they removed them last week). Repairs were needed and the power tools involved required walls for safety reasons.

New Registers (computers) are showing up around the resort. The Lost Bar at the Disneyland Hotel got the new IBM versions, which work totally different than the prior version. This will require some new training, and some patience from the guests as the transactions will take a bit longer. Please be understanding.

Work was continuing on both the Mark Twain and Tarzan's Treehouse today, looks like they are trying to finish both by tomorrow morning. All the scaffolding has been removed from Tarzan's Treehouse, but the exit bridge was not finished, along with other lower area issues.

VickiC
06-14-2007, 01:29 PM
On Tuesday the map said 48" for the Orange Stinger and 40" to ride with an adult. We went over there as my little one has never been able to ride it and the CM explained to us that the double seats were having problems but they hope to have them back soon. It would be nice as DD # 2 was having a rough day due to us meeting another family with 2 girls both over 48" so those 2 and my older DD rode California Screaming 3 times and Orange Stinger twice while the little one wailed that life isn't fair.

yenko427
06-14-2007, 02:21 PM
I am so HAPPY to see that the Cars are going to be out and there will be a Photopass opportunity there. It was basically impossible to get a picture without 10 kids in our picture too. Can't wait!!

Tinkermommy
06-14-2007, 02:46 PM
I heard about the new registers Saturday when I bought a pickle and a soda at the cart on Main Street outside the locker room. The CM at the register asked me if I had an AP, and said I could use it for a discount. I mentioned that I thought the discount only applied to purchases over $10; she said her new register allowed her to apply it for any amount. And it did!

But later, at the candy store, I was not able to use it because the purchase amount was under $10. Go figure.

We saw some new games inside Innoventions Saturday. We must have stumbled in at just the right time! There were a bunch of new video games in different configurations. My daughter played a Lego Star Wars game on a seat that was part of a cluster of four. The game monitors appear overhead, so you have to look up to see. The seats are covered with some sort of shag-carpet like fabric that looked comfortable, but I immediately saw as a head lice epidemic in the making (LOL -- that's how ya think when your children are still in elementary school).

There was an enormous tube with a bench seat inside that appeared to house a multi-player game. It was filled, so we never did stop in to see what was in it.

There was also a row of these big neon green circles. Each one had a seat and a video game inside. I think those were some kind of sports games.

We really like Innoventions, so it was fun to get to see some new stuff.