PDA

View Full Version : disneyland hotel

LPnerd
06-21-2002, 01:04 PM
we will be staying at the Disneyland hotel mid sept. can't wait.
will be there for 5 days and using dvc points . SOOOOOO i want the scoop you guys.Best place to eat, how crowded will it be?, How hot? , cheapest place to eat dinner, ( staying concerige) also , how long to get to L.A. and best route to take from hotel. I lived in Ca. (Manhatten Beach) MANY yrs. ago so have a vague idea. I want all the 411 . LOL thanks kids

cameraman
06-21-2002, 03:02 PM
Well for fastfood I would goto the Grand and eat at Whitewater good prices good food. Sit down it a toss up Gofys Kitchen or at the Grand Storytellers cafe. Cheap eats there's Dennys on Habor or IHOP and Mc Donalds. Weather Spetember can get very warm 80's-100's. Anything else just pm me

stinkerbell
06-21-2002, 10:27 PM
If you're thinking about Goofy's, I'd recommend breakfast or a brunch rather than their dinner. Basically (well, exactly, on one occasion) same menu, but cheaper. And in my experience shorter wait to be seated.

Mmmm, LaBrea bakery in DTD for quickie breakfast stuff or a lunch. Their turkey bacon sandwich is to die for. So good and filling for the cost. I've had it for a late dinner a few times. mmm mmm good.

Have fun! :)

heidiwhr
06-22-2002, 07:55 AM
Yes, LaBrea bakery is great for a quick and inexpensive breakfast. I personally prefer Goofy's Kitchen at the DL Hotel over Storyteller's Cafe at the GC...more fun for the kids and better buffet selection.

Melanie
06-22-2002, 01:15 PM
Is the monorail cafe gone now? I always loved that place, but it's been a few years. =(

Uncle Dick
06-22-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Melanie
Is the monorail cafe gone now? I always loved that place, but it's been a few years. =(
Yep. It was bulldozed to make way for Downtown Disney.

Matterhorn Fan
06-23-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by cameraman
Cheap eats there's Dennys on Habor or IHOP and Mc Donald's.Actually, Denny's and IHOP aren't really all that cheap. Eating there can cost you just as much as eating in the parks ($6.99, I believe, for a Grand Slam), but they do have those large portions of comfort food, which can make it worth it.

I can't speak for McDonald's, since I never eat there.

mcampisi
06-23-2002, 08:24 AM
No one seems to mentioned the Breakfast with Minnie and Friends at the Paradise Pier hotel. I think it's the same cost as Goofy's Kitchen. Both are good buffet options I think.

mousey_girl
06-23-2002, 09:24 AM
The choices at Minnie's are much more limited than Goofy's. We have been to Minnie's twice, and after the last time we will NOT be back.

heidiwhr
06-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Yes, between Goofy's, Minnie's, and the Storyteller at the GC, I much perfer Goofy's. Goofy's has the best menu, fun atmosphere, and it's cheaper than Storyteller's.

funnygarcia
06-23-2002, 04:13 PM
We found that Millie's - next to McDonald's - was comfort food and lower prices than the Denny's, not as crowded too.

We also liked the Wetzels Pretzels in DTD for a good sized snack (AP discount every day).
I have heard that the counter window at Brennan's Jazz kitchen- had good prices/ good food but DH didn't want to try anything "weird" ( he assumed it would be too spicy - I don't think it would be...)

FYI the McDonald's on Harbor is extremely sllllllllllllllllooooooowwwwwwwww................. ........................ Took forever just to get a fry and small drink as a snack - and this was late at night...grrrr....

baileykat
06-23-2002, 05:56 PM
The McD's is good...ate there several times during our last trip and I also recommend Mimi's...more expensive than McD's..but it was sit down service and the service was great and so was the food...very big portions!!!!