PDA

View Full Version : How do you get into a parade?

MontanaKC
06-12-2007, 07:15 PM
We will be going to Disneyland/DCA on July 5th and 6th. We are taking our 16 yr. old daughter and 6 of her friends (give us strength!). :(

I've heard in the past that there are places you can stand, and things you can do, in order to be invited to be part of some parades. Would someone please tell me where/what these are? I know that my daughter and her friends would absolutely go crazy to be part of one of the parades!

Thanks so much.

Malcon10t
06-12-2007, 08:53 PM
We will be going to Disneyland/DCA on July 5th and 6th. We are taking our 16 yr. old daughter and 6 of her friends (give us strength!). :(

I've heard in the past that there are places you can stand, and things you can do, in order to be invited to be part of some parades. Would someone please tell me where/what these are? I know that my daughter and her friends would absolutely go crazy to be part of one of the parades!

Thanks so much.
That was during the Parade of Stars. It is no longer happening. It was a great parade, my kids were part of it about 5-7 years ago when it was happening. I have a pic of my son in a Tu-tu dancing with the hippos. Both my kids that were involved still remember the dance they danced from IASW to Main St.

MontanaKC
06-12-2007, 08:59 PM
That was during the Parade of Stars. It is no longer happening. It was a great parade, my kids were part of it about 5-7 years ago when it was happening. I have a pic of my son in a Tu-tu dancing with the hippos. Both my kids that were involved still remember the dance they danced from IASW to Main St.

So there is no way for any of them to appear in any parade? :(

Heaven Is Disneyland
06-12-2007, 09:01 PM
I remember that parade.......that would of been a dream come true if I could be in a parade........

I was eagerly awaiting the response that said, "Sure, here is how!" Boooo.....

Bummer......:(

emmah
06-12-2007, 09:04 PM
well, i think they are still picking a family each day during YOAMD to be hosts or ambassadors etc - that family lead the parade, riding in a car with the mayor of main street beforehand. i'm not sure how they pick a family but they do it every day.

Another Dimension
06-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Since PotS was retired and winning a Grand Marshall spot in PoD is hard to do, because it's randomly chosen by a computer...

The only way anymore someone (a Guest) can sorta be and dance in a parade now is 'dancing with the toys' in the Block Party Bash at DCA.

Malcon10t
06-12-2007, 10:37 PM
So there is no way for any of them to appear in any parade? :(The YOMD team picks a group a day to stay in teh Mickey suite. The winner of that is the grand marshal of the parade. They aren't "in" the parade, but a car that comes by about 20 mins before the parade.