PDA

View Full Version : What happens after the driver drops you off?

ForeverPrincess
06-12-2007, 11:48 AM
We are going to the World Aug. 30-Sept6. We will be flying in to orlando/stanford airport. What happes after the driver gets you to your hotel? Does he wait til after check in and drives you to your room or are you left to get back by foot with all the luggage? Does anyone have any answers out there? Thanks!!

Freakygeek
06-12-2007, 11:53 AM
There is luggage assistance at all the Disney hotels. I assume that you are using a car service and not Magical Express, where are you staying?

Cheshire Figment
06-12-2007, 04:45 PM
If you are going in to Sanford there are only four possibilities.

1 - Rent a car.
2 - Limo/Car Service (about $100 each way plus tip)
3 - Taxicab (about $90 each way plus tip)
4 - Lynx - Public Transportation. Requires two transfers (and over two hours) to get to WDW and then need to transfer to a bus to the resort.

It is just as any other transportation which will drop you at a hotel.

Disney only uses ME from Orlando International.

ForeverPrincess
06-12-2007, 06:59 PM
We are staying at port orlenas riverside and already have a driving service set up.

Poolslide
06-12-2007, 07:45 PM
You are asking if a bellhop will walk you and your luggage to your room? I've never had that happen at disney. Anybody have that happen?

GusMan
06-12-2007, 09:16 PM
You are asking if a bellhop will walk you and your luggage to your room? I've never had that happen at disney. Anybody have that happen?
<waves hand>
At POR we had a porter take us and our luggage via electric cart to our room. There were four of us and we did not necessarily have an over-abundance of luggage either.

mom22gls
06-12-2007, 09:30 PM

We also had the "golf cart" ride at OKW, and Coronado Springs. Just had to call bell services to have them pick us up. We've always used ME, but there was room in the cart for our carry ons, and for any other luggage we would have had with us.

disnut8
06-13-2007, 12:04 AM
At Riverside, there will be many bell service people at the drop off area to assist with your baggage. Hopefully, your driver will be good enough that he/she will take the bags out of the car and hand them over to bell services. If so, tip very nicely. If not, have bell services get the luggage from the car and tip them nicely. Tell them you are checking in. You didn't say when you were arriving but at the worst, your bags will be taken to bell services until you get into your room and call down to get them delivered. You won't have to schlep your bags yourselves. At the most, you will have to walk to your room and then call for your bags. Or bell services could follow you to check in with your bags. Or if your room isn't ready, your bags will be taken for storage until you call later in the day after you are in your room.

It freaked me out the first time staying at Riverside. Mears dropped us off and all of a sudden our bags were loaded into a cart so all we had to do was check in and let bell services know where we were going.

Besides, you do want to walk to your room anyway (with no luggage). That's the best way to get a feel for your home for the next few days.

In any instance, have some $5 bills and if you have a lot of luggage, a $10 bill plus some $1 bills for tipping. We usually put that into a front pocket instead of fumbling for a wallet.

the4walls
06-13-2007, 05:02 AM
On our last trip at Riverside, a bellhop took both us and our luggage to our room via golf cart. When it was time to check out, they also came and picked us up to take us to meet our ME bus.

ForeverPrincess
06-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Great responses! We will be arriving at around 10:00p.m. on Aug. 30th. I feel a lot better about what to expect now. As always EXCELLENT advice!!