PDA

View Full Version : 3-Day Hopper Upgrade to AP?

Rob9874
06-12-2007, 10:24 AM
My fiancee and I want to buy AP's to DL, but did I hear that the best way is to buy a 3-day Park Hopper for the EE, and then upgrade once you're in the park? This definitely works? Don't want to waste my money on a 3-day pass, and not be able to upgrade to AP.

Malcon10t
06-12-2007, 10:30 AM
My fiancee and I want to buy AP's to DL, but did I hear that the best way is to buy a 3-day Park Hopper for the EE, and then upgrade once you're in the park? This definitely works? Don't want to waste my money on a 3-day pass, and not be able to upgrade to AP.
Yes, this works just fine. Just remember, the pass you are buying must cost more than the price of the hopper.

GoboFraggle
06-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Also, I believe they back-date your AP to match the first day of your park hoppers...not a big deal, but something to remember.

Rob9874
06-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah, that's no big deal, because it would have been the first day I used my AP anyway, if I just bought that.

What are the rules to EE? (days, hours, lands, etc?)

ktrm
06-12-2007, 11:35 AM

I just did exactly this last week and I was as apprehensive as you that it would not work, but it was as smooth and seamless as everyone on the site assured me it would be. No problems or obstacles. Be aware if you have AAA tickets and you upgrade before your third day, you will loose your free parking and EE. If you buy AAA tickets, you could just upgrade one of your tickets on the first day to receive the discounts and keep the other ticket till the last day for the free parking. As soon as you upgrade all the blockout dates apply also.

stan4d_steph
06-12-2007, 12:34 PM
What are the rules to EE? (days, hours, lands, etc?)A search on early entry will give you many threads discussing this very topic.

Rob9874
06-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Be aware if you have AAA tickets and you upgrade before your third day, you will loose your free parking and EE.

I don't have AAA tickets, but can I use my EE on Day 1, and then upgrade then? I think we'll only go for 2 days. Does a 2-day hopper have EE? If not, no big deal, I'll still buy a 3-day, as I'm upgrading anyway.

disneyfan4ever54
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
The 2 day hoppers do not have EE.....only 3+ hoppers do. Yes, use your EE on day 1 and then upgrade. If you upgrade on your first day you can use the discounts you will get with your AP on your second day. It's a good idea to upgrade as soon as you use your EE so you can get the AP discounts for the remainder of your visit. :)

kathynova
06-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Just make sure that the day you upgrade isn't a blockout day for the type of pass you are upgrading to. If it is, you'll have to buy a blockout day ticket for $30. At least that's what I was told when I upgraded mine a couple of weeks ago. I was trying to upgrade to a Deluxe pass on Saturday of my stay and was told to come back on Sunday to avoid the blockout day ticket cost.

Malcon10t
06-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Just make sure that the day you upgrade isn't a blockout day for the type of pass you are upgrading to. If it is, you'll have to buy a blockout day ticket for $30. At least that's what I was told when I upgraded mine a couple of weeks ago. I was trying to upgrade to a Deluxe pass on Saturday of my stay and was told to come back on Sunday to avoid the blockout day ticket cost.Actually, you can upgrade on a block out day (we do it every year.) Its a freebie day. Not sure what your situation was, but that is not normal. Now, if you have a SoCal pass, and it is blocked out on a Sat and you want to upgrade to a DAP, you buy a blockout ticket and then apply the cost to the upgrade.

But, if you have a hopper, you can upgrade to an AP and it will work that day, even if it is blocked out.

Suzie Minnie
06-12-2007, 08:10 PM
How much is it to upgrade from a 3 day hopper to an annual pass?

Malcon10t
06-12-2007, 08:47 PM
How much is it to upgrade from a 3 day hopper to an annual pass?A 3 day hopper is $159 pre-purchased. A Deluxe AP is $239, so you would pay the difference ($80). A Premium AP is $359, so you pay the difference ($200.)

wwithers
06-13-2007, 12:28 PM
You didn't ask, but I found this out on my last trip...

You can combine any number of unused tickets (one can be partially used) towards the cost of an AP. When I went for MA, I had a $159 ticket. In a bit of karmatic payoff, I was given an unused, adult one day ticket ($71) and an unused, child one day ticket ($56) by a lovely woman I met on the plane to L.A.. I was able to combine all 3, pay an extra $73 and get a premium AP.

:D

hayjennn
06-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Is it possible to upgrade your 3-day park hopper to an annual pass at Disneyland? I wanted to purchase our park hoppers at the Disney Store before we left to have them in hand. But I am considering if possible an upgrade to Deluxe Annual Passes. I figured this way I could get into the park on saturday and do the upgrade on sunday. This way I could get into the park after we have made our long journey down from No. CA. instead of waiting until sunday. We are leaving on saturday morning.

PanFan
06-19-2007, 11:48 PM
That sounds like a good plan. They just apply the amount you paid for the 3-day tickets towards an AP then you pay the difference. The line for AP processing can get long, so if you happen to walk by the Bank on Main Street where the processing center is and it's short, take advantage of that, even if it's on Saturday. Have a great trip and say hi to me in FL (I'll be at IASW Saturday night)!

hayjennn
06-19-2007, 11:52 PM
That sounds like a good plan. They just apply the amount you paid for the 3-day tickets towards an AP then you pay the difference. The line for AP processing can get long, so if you happen to walk by the Bank on Main Street where the processing center is and it's short, take advantage of that, even if it's on Saturday. Have a great trip and say hi to me in FL (I'll be at IASW Saturday night)!
Great thanks for your help. umm one more question, what is IASW?

emmah
06-20-2007, 02:42 AM
what is IASW?

It's A Small World

stan4d_steph
06-20-2007, 07:40 AM
Is it possible to upgrade your 3-day park hopper to an annual pass at Disneyland? I wanted to purchase our park hoppers at the Disney Store before we left to have them in hand. But I am considering if possible an upgrade to Deluxe Annual Passes. I figured this way I could get into the park on saturday and do the upgrade on sunday. This way I could get into the park after we have made our long journey down from No. CA. instead of waiting until sunday. We are leaving on saturday morning.Welcome to MousePad. I merged your thread with another thread asking the same question. You can search the forums using the search page (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/search.php).

Have a great trip.