PDA

View Full Version : Any news on DCA additions?

ShirleyFilms
06-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Does anyone know what the status of "Wonderful World of Color", "Midway Mania", or the animatronic additions to "Grizzly River Rapids"? When are these things scheduled to debut?

I am thinking of buying annual passes again sometime in 2008. Not sure if I should wait till later in the year to try and get the most out of them.

Thanks for the help.

Mrs Mouse
06-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Okay, the only one of these additions that I've heard of is the "Midway Mania" thing (or whatever it's being called this week). What are the other two that you mention? Animontronics on GRR sound promising!

ShirleyFilms
06-12-2007, 10:20 AM
"Wonderful World Of Color" is a Fantasmic-like show in the lagoon at DCA. I think they were saying 2008-09 on that one... but its supposed to be better than Fantasmic (if you believe the hype).

I heard they were changing the theme of GRR and adding some animatronics... but I havent heard anymore about that in some time (since March...?)

Hoping someone has some updated info...

gtpinoy
06-12-2007, 10:26 AM
"Wonderful World Of Color" is a Fantasmic-like show in the lagoon at DCA. I think they were saying 2008-09 on that one... but its supposed to be better than Fantasmic (if you believe the hype).

I heard they were changing the theme of GRR and adding some animatronics... but I havent heard anymore about that in some time (since March...?)

Hoping someone has some updated info...

I hope DCA finally gets a firework-like show again. I think LuminAria was the last and only show that I can recall that DCA ever had.

olegc
06-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Does anyone know what the status of "Wonderful World of Color", "Midway Mania", or the animatronic additions to "Grizzly River Rapids"? When are these things scheduled to debut?

I am thinking of buying annual passes again sometime in 2008. Not sure if I should wait till later in the year to try and get the most out of them.

Thanks for the help.

no dates have been published - but mania will probably open in 08, then Color may come that summer too or possibly in 09. The Grizzly redo I would think might be put off until 10 or 11 along with other park changes that were rumored to celebrate the 10 year anniversary and the "relaunch" of DCA.

MontanaKC
07-07-2007, 08:38 PM
We were there yesterday and a cast member told us that everything on the Paradise Pier (except for the roller coaster) is slated to be ripped out, along w/ the Golden Gate Bridge. California is going to be "erased" from DCA. He said that Disney would be making massive changes.

Anyone else hear anything like this? Any Imagineers who could shed some light on this?

Normally I'd have just ignored his comments as someone playing a joke, but he seemed truly earnest about it.

If it is true, I think I'll need to spend some more time at DCA before the changes. I really like the place and would be sad to see it go.

Mermaid
07-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I read they are looking to change the feel of the park to a more woodsy approach. But I think they are keeping the CA theme. I would like to see a lot of those rides in PP go. The one with the sliver bullet things can never run in the wind and it is pretty lame!

JohnGar
07-08-2007, 07:33 PM
We were there yesterday and a cast member told us that everything on the Paradise Pier (except for the roller coaster) is slated to be ripped out, along w/ the Golden Gate Bridge.

When we took our behind the scenes tour of the trains and monorail last year, we also were told by the CMs that the Golden Gate Bridge would be removed. No timetable. That's why we stopped the monorail maintaince cart on the bridge and had our picture taken.