PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Hours (DLR)

yellowrosedtxn
06-12-2007, 07:50 AM
It is kind of hard to do a search on this, so if this thread needs to be moved, then please go ahead and move it where it needs to be.

Thanks

I have a question about the hours for Christmas time. Does anyone know approximately what time the hours are for Christmas time are? The reason I am asking is because we are going to have to leave around 9:00 am on the 26th because our flight takes off at 11:20 am. So I am wondering if it is worth trying to go into the park for that morning, before we go.

Anything you can tell me will be helpful!

Malcon10t
06-12-2007, 08:34 AM
It is kind of hard to do a search on this, so if this thread needs to be moved, then please go ahead and move it where it needs to be.

Thanks

I have a question about the hours for Christmas time. Does anyone know approximately what time the hours are for Christmas time are? The reason I am asking is because we are going to have to leave around 9:00 am on the 26th because our flight takes off at 11:20 am. So I am wondering if it is worth trying to go into the park for that morning, before we go.

Anything you can tell me will be helpful!The park generally opens at 8am on that date. That will be a Wed I believe and there is no EE.

Drince88
06-12-2007, 08:50 AM
I've had some trips to WDW where I theoretically had time to visit a park, but not a lot - and so what I've done instead is have a nice breakfast somewhere. You have to consider where you'll be in line at the gate (i.e., how long will it take you to get in); what you're going to want to do (how long to get there, how long of a line, how long to 'ride' - or how long of a line at the cash register if it's a last minute shopping excursion); plus then how hard will it be and how long will it take to get BACK to where your luggage and transportation to the airport is. And, if you're doing a ride- what if you get stuck? If you're cutting it close, that might be the difference between catching your flight and missing it.

I'd recommend a nice breakfast and not rushing/worrying about flight stuff.

Malcon10t
06-12-2007, 08:54 AM
And, if you're doing a ride- what if you get stuck? If you're cutting it close, that might be the difference between catching your flight and missing it.

I'd recommend a nice breakfast and not rushing/worrying about flight stuff.Same here. An example, a POTC e-stop is about 45 mins then they evac. This alone would cause you to be late. How about a 7am Goofy's or Storyteller breakfast?

yellowrosedtxn
06-12-2007, 10:09 AM
The reason why I was asking is because I am supposed to get 8 day hopper tickets. I thought I would be able to leave the parks around 11:00 something to get a flight in the afternoon, but the ONLY flight that we could get back for the price we got (146.60 per person for round trip) leaves at 11:20. That is why I am trying to determine or see if I should reduce our tickets to a 7 day rather than 8 day.

Malcon10t
06-12-2007, 10:20 AM
The reason why I was asking is because I am supposed to get 8 day hopper tickets. I thought I would be able to leave the parks around 11:00 something to get a flight in the afternoon, but the ONLY flight that we could get back for the price we got (146.60 per person for round trip) leaves at 11:20. That is why I am trying to determine or see if I should reduce our tickets to a 7 day rather than 8 day.
7 and 8 day tickets are the same price. Keep the 8 days. You might want to run in and say hi!

yellowrosedtxn
06-12-2007, 10:32 AM
THANKS! That makes it a lot easier for me to make a decision. I should have looked up the ticket prices! DUH!

GopherDisney
06-12-2007, 11:00 AM
If you want to know the hours for the parks in December, they are now posted at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/parkhours/calendarHome?id=MKCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage

yellowrosedtxn
06-12-2007, 11:02 AM
That's great, but that is for WDW. I will be at Disneyland. I looked on the site today, but they only went to September.

Burnt Toast
06-12-2007, 01:04 PM

Anything you can tell me will be helpful!

Um. Did you check disneyland.com? Might be much quicker to have checked there. If December hasn't been posted yet, then it hasn't been released yet. Um... yah.

:rolleyes:

yellowrosedtxn
06-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I did check the website and no it wasn't posted. So I thought I would ask people that have been there during that time of year, what the hours are on their past experience.

There are several people that go there on a yearly basis at that time of year. But thanks for the input.

sleepytoo
06-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Regarding Christmas time at WDW, do you all know when the decorations and parades are all set up and running by? I would like to go visit for just a few days - I want to see the gingerbread house (Grand Floridian) among the other decor.
I tried searching for a thread, but had no luck :crying:

Malcon10t
06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Regarding Christmas time at WDW, do you all know when the decorations and parades are all set up and running by? I would like to go visit for just a few days - I want to see the gingerbread house (Grand Floridian) among the other decor.
I tried searching for a thread, but had no luck :crying:You might check the DisneyWorld boards. http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

sleepytoo
06-15-2007, 07:36 PM
After posting that...I then realized I was under the Disneyland thread. I am new here, can you tell?? LOL - thanks again!