PDA

View Full Version : Silver Pass?

ktrm
06-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Anyone know what if anything this is? A friend of mine said that she knows someone that has a "silver pass" which allows 3 of his guests per day to get 1 day tickets to both DCA and DL for free. I have never heard of such a thing. Is it a corporate or employee perK?

Autopia Guy
06-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Is it a corporate or employee perK?

Yes

ktrm
06-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Strange. Which corporations receive this perk? Just Disney employees or other employees of large companies that often sponser things at Disney like GE? Do you have to be in management to get this? It can't be too common.

mkraemer
06-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Pixar employees received silver passes when the merger went through.

Gone2Disneyland
06-12-2007, 09:25 AM
My friend who works for The Disney Company has a silver pass. She got if for working for the company, and it includes free admission to the parks and a higher discount on purchases there. I'm not sure if they are susceptible to their own brand of blockout dates.

ktrm
06-12-2007, 10:15 AM
How does Disney prevent this priviledge from being taken advantage of?

Malcon10t
06-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Anyone know what if anything this is? A friend of mine said that she knows someone that has a "silver pass" which allows 3 of his guests per day to get 1 day tickets to both DCA and DL for free. I have never heard of such a thing. Is it a corporate or employee perK?http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/ky061600.htm

cstephens
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
How does Disney prevent this priviledge from being taken advantage of?

There are guidelines for use of the pass. How are you envisioning the pass privileges being abused?

ktrm
06-12-2007, 05:18 PM
I envisioned it being abused exactly how the thread Malcon10t connected to stated that it could be and had been abused. The employee "sells" the extra tickets to people for less than the gate price instead of it being a free perk for his friends and family. It sounds like, however, termination is the penalty for this so this is a huge incentive not to do this.

MontanaKC
06-12-2007, 07:08 PM
The only way you could "sell" tickets from your Silver Pass, would be to bring those people into the park with you. The Cast Member (or spouse, in my case :) ) has to enter the park with all their guests.

Also, the employees at the gate write "CM" on the Cast Member's ticket. If you leave Disneyland to go to California Adventure (or vice versa), they will ask you to show ID to confirm that you are indeed the Cast Member.

In my opinion, it is definitely not worth the risk. I love this particular perk of being in the Disney family. If I want to bring friends, I would treat them - NOT sell anything to them.

Kim