PDA

View Full Version : Dog / Cat House by Disneyland Railroad?

ladodgerjon
06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Rode the trains on Saturday, and spotted an odd little structure beside the tracks...

About 100 yards past the Hungry Bear restaurant, there are two wooden objects that appear to be in the shape of a dog house.

No, I'm not referring to Pluto's doghouse by the Thunder Ranch area. These are (different) TWO structures that are very near the river's edge... and alongside some rafts that are, I believe, used for "Fantasmic!"

I say that they look like a dog house because they both sport an arched opening on their fronts (they also have a "peaked" roofline).

I know that the resort has a "wild feline" issue... is this a CM's efforts to accomodate the kitty-cat CM's???

leota's necklace
06-11-2007, 07:10 PM
A "cat house" in Disneyland?

Now, this is how rumors get started. ;)

Chadsgal
06-11-2007, 08:34 PM
I know that there is a dog house in Disneyland with the name Indiana on it as a tribute to George Lucas & Indiana Jones and it can only be seen by the trains from New Orleans Square & Toon Town

ladodgerjon
06-11-2007, 10:07 PM
A "cat house" in Disneyland?

Now, this is how rumors get started. ;)

I was hoping someone would catch that...

But, for real, I wonder what I saw.

BTW: no tributes to "Indy." This is real low key-- NOT part of the "show."

ssturgeo
06-12-2007, 05:00 AM
There is a doghouse along the train tracks…the name on it is “Indiana” from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Sean Connery: Well, that’s his name! Henry Jones…Junior!
Harrison Ford: I told you, call me Indiana”!
Sean Connery: Indiana? We named the DOG Indiana!
Salla: “You’re named after the DGO?!”
Harrison Ford: “We have a lot of fond memories of that dog”

Park Freak
06-12-2007, 07:41 AM
I know which ones you are talking about. There are two sitting right next to each other, and farther away from the tracks than the Indiana dog house. The next time that I am there I'll ask around and see if there is a story behind them.

VickiC
06-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Probably just some kind of equipment that needs to be covered and that was something that blended in.

bigrockstar
06-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Could they be there for the ducks?

ladodgerjon
06-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Could they be there for the ducks?

As good an idea that I have heard.

Again, this is NOT a tribute to Indy-- there are no markings as such. Because of their arched opening to the ground, they appear to be REAL animal housings. Might be equipment coverings DISGUISED as animal shelters...

cstephens
06-12-2007, 03:08 PM
You're probably talking about the kitty houses under Hungry Bear restaurant. They've been there for about four years. Here's my trip report from September 11, 2003 (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlr091103tr.html) - scroll towards the bottom, and you can see some of the pictures of the houses. Of course, they were newer then. There are many cast members who feed the feral cats, so the kitty houses are just another amenity they got for the cats.

ladodgerjon
06-16-2007, 03:48 PM
dats dem!

You've solved the mystery!

Thanks!

Aaaaaaaand end thread! Blackout!