PDA

View Full Version : Point Transfers

ilyswak
06-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I am a new DVC member for OKW. I was not aware that you could buy points for a particular reservation from another member.
I am surprised that Disney allows it & I think I read that Disney frowns upon it. However, it sure is a great when you are short points.
How does the seller deposit points into your DVC acct? and it is not a problem with the Mouse King?

Tony
06-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Any member can transfer points to any other member (and vice versa).

The restriction is that you can give points or receive points only once per year. You can't both give and receive in the same year.

To do a transfer, the member with the points calls member services, and asks to do a transfer. They provide the member number for the member getting the points and member services does the transfer.

There was a huge problem with back and forth of points by the people who sell the use of their points as a commercial business (which is why they put the one transfer a year limitation in place).

The only risk of point transfers is the trust factor - if the person you are working with is a stranger, you may want to use an escrow service for the financial details.