PDA

View Full Version : Would you get busted for doing this? [photos in formal wear]

snappy
06-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Would you get in trouble for taking pictures at Disneyland wearing formal attire? Meaning taking pictures for your engagement? Day and night photo sessions. It would only be the bride and groom and photograhper during the shoot. Has anyone done this? Thanks. Asking for a friend who wants me to shoot them at the Happiest Place on Earth, what better place to take pictures of the place they love so much.

cstephens
06-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Depends on what you mean by "formal". If they're obviously wedding clothes, then no. If they're just nice clothes, I wouldn't see it as a problem, since with the existence of Club 33, some people do go into the park dressed very nicely. They just don't allow people to dress in wedding garb generally unless they've purchased a wedding package.

Speaking of which, when I was entering Main Street at about 12:30pm on Sunday, there was a Japanese couple in full wedding attire being driven down Main Street in one of the cars. It was very nice. I waved at them, and they smiled and waved back.

CharmingsWoman
06-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Would you get in trouble for taking pictures at Disneyland wearing formal attire? Meaning taking pictures for your engagement? Day and night photo sessions. It would only be the bride and groom and photograhper during the shoot. Has anyone done this? Thanks. Asking for a friend who wants me to shoot them at the Happiest Place on Earth, what better place to take pictures of the place they love so much.

If you are getting married or have your reception somewhere inside of Disneyland, you are able to be in the park with your wedding attire on (ie in front of the castle, Fantasyland, DCA). However, if you are getting married on DL grounds (ie DLH, GCH) you are not permitted to. It is considered a costume, and they can't be liable or something. I was so bummed when I found this out. But you can have a professional photographer in the parks, as long as everyone has passes into the park.

Have fun!:D

carolyn
06-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I took formal pics in DL a LONG time ago before a formal dance. We were wearing fancy dresses and tuxes. No one said anything.

"I'm sorry, you are too fancy to be at Disneyland. Please come back when you change into cutoff shorts, tank tops and Crocs." :p

Autopia Guy
06-11-2007, 05:55 PM
I think the cut-off for formal attire in the park is at about the High School Prom level. The guys are in Tuxes and the girls in really formal dresses. But I have never seen more than that.

PanFan
06-11-2007, 08:16 PM
I did an engagement photo shoot at Disneyland with our wedding photographer, but we weren't wearing formal clothes. Just wanted to let you know we had no problem with bringing in a professional photographer. They did tell him he had to carry rather than roll the suitcase he used to carry his photo gear in at the Monorail entrance, but once we were in the park, no one said anything either way.

dopey076
06-11-2007, 08:16 PM
My husband and I had pictures taken in the park after our wedding. We were married at the Disneyland Hotel in September of 1999. We had to pay extra and that allowed us and the photographer into the park. One of the major rules was we could not walk down the center of main street.

adriennek
06-11-2007, 08:54 PM
I took formal pics in DL a LONG time ago before a formal dance. We were wearing fancy dresses and tuxes. No one said anything.

"I'm sorry, you are too fancy to be at Disneyland. Please come back when you change into cutoff shorts, tank tops and Crocs." :p

The reason they don't allow guests in formal wear is so that they don't distract from the show. They don't want guests to be confused for CMs, especially because they cannot control the guest's behavior.

And then there's the thing with competing with the wedding packages for which brides pay extra to have their pictures taken inside the park. ;)

This is the same reason that guests may not wear costumes into the park (Special after hours Halloween events excepted.)

Adrienne