View Full Version : Small world?

Undertaker72
06-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Is It's Small World Open tomorrow?

Uncle Dick
06-20-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Undertaker72
Is It's Small World Open tomorrow?
Negative. The reopening of "it's a small world" was pushed back to July 25th.

Undertaker72
06-20-2002, 05:28 PM
Ok thanks.

LIMANDL4EVA
06-20-2002, 08:39 PM
i went yesterday and i thought it would be back open again, how long has it been closed now?
that will be 3 refurbs in 2002 alone!

zapppop
06-20-2002, 11:07 PM
King Arthur's Carousel
Big Thunder Mountain R.R.
Pirates Of The Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain

That's more than 3 ( and there's plenty that I didn't mention )

DisneylandKid
06-21-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
i went yesterday and i thought it would be back open again, how long has it been closed now?
that will be 3 refurbs in 2002 alone!

DisneylandKid
06-21-2002, 01:19 PM
I think he meant three "it's a small world" refurbishments

zapppop
06-21-2002, 01:23 PM
There hasn't been any refurbishments to Small World until it closed in April. The only thing they did when it closed in January was take down the Christmas decorations; no repairs. There was no second closing this year.

Disneyfreak
06-21-2002, 08:05 PM
You forgot space mountain and all of fantasyland.

zapppop
06-21-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
You forgot space mountain and all of fantasyland.
No, I didn't.

Originally posted by zapppop
( and there's plenty that I didn't mention )
Anyway, Small World hasn't been closed for a 3rd rehab this year. This is the ONLY rehab it's had this year. IF they DID work on it earlier this year, then they wouldn't've extended the rehab from June 22nd to July 25th.
BTW: tonight the face was moving but not making any sounds.

Tigertail777
06-21-2002, 11:14 PM
I know my mom is going to be sooo incredibly dissappointed... this is her fave ride, and this is the first time in 10 long years that we can afford to go back. I saw earlier that it would be open when we planned the trip, and now it won't be...she is going to be so sad. Tiki room better be open that is also one of her faves.

DisneylandKid
06-22-2002, 10:08 AM
What are they doing to IASW?

zapppop
06-22-2002, 12:11 PM
just regular repairs and repainting. It's been neglected for a while which is why it's taking so long.

priyanka59
06-22-2002, 12:17 PM
only 3 ?!
King Arthur's Carousel
Big Thunder Mountain R.R.
Pirates Of The Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain

That's more than 3 ( and there's plenty that I didn't mention )

Ok, see that was wrong. The Pirates ride was never closed down this year that I can here of. For pete sakes, I went there in January and March, and usually it takes 2 months minimum for refirbishment! I went at the end of March too. Pirates was never closed, or else I might have not heard of it. The Haunted Mansion was never closed either, they just closed it for a couple of days/week so they could take down the Christmas decorations. That would not be refurbishment.

zapppop
06-22-2002, 01:36 PM
Pirates closed for 2 weeks in February.
I was correct when I posted the information above.

Back me up, Squinky :D

zapppop
06-22-2002, 02:21 PM
Did I say 2 weeks ? make that 4 weeks.
I just found an old thread with the pirates rehab listed.

CLICK HERE (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4061&highlight=pirates+closed)

LIMANDL4EVA
06-23-2002, 04:19 PM
sorry i was counting the current rehab, when it went down to take down decorations,and the future closing in october or whatever to[ add decorations, sorry i was considering those rehabs. but why dont they just do it when its closed for decoartion removal in the first place.

justagrrl
06-24-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
sorry i was counting the current rehab, when it went down to take down decorations,and the future closing in october or whatever to[ add decorations, sorry i was considering those rehabs. but why dont they just do it when its closed for decoartion removal in the first place.

exactly...if the ride is closed...it's closed. Whatever name you wanna put on it.

I think that they need to move quicker in putting up and removing the rides that are redone for the holidays and throw in whatever refurb's need to be done at the same time. What? I can dream can't I?