PDA

View Full Version : Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage opening day

Pages : [1] 2 3

DisneyPnces
06-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Hello all, currently writing from the line for the subs. I got in line about twenty minutes ago and it is not that bad... from the point I am at they are estimating about a 1 to 2 hour wait once the ride opens.

I am so excited... and if anyone sees this and is comming to/at the park... I am wearing a yellow puffy paint shirt that says "my bubbles"... please come by and say hi!!

Alysse

MontanaKC
06-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Will you be posting pictures from your voyage?

Kim

jaydoe
06-11-2007, 08:57 AM
how busy does the park seem, in general??????

DisneyPnces
06-11-2007, 08:58 AM
I will post some tomorrow for certain... I wish I could now, but my phone is not that awesome...

Franz
06-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Ok, for those uf us too far away to have an adventure in liquid space on re-opening day... just how long is the wait time to get on the subs? Did the que really stretch into Toon Town?

(and yes, for anyone who complains about the wait, I would LOVE to be there!)

Thanks
Franz

MermaidHair
06-11-2007, 12:13 PM
DisneyPnces, where are you in the queue that they are saying 1 to 2 hours? In other words, are there any landmarks that you are near so those of us who don't get to the parks that often can understand how long a 1-2 hour line is?

Thanks and have a great Voyage!

nvmom
06-11-2007, 12:49 PM
All this Nemo talk is SO exciting! It makes me wish we'd planned for a summer trip! :)

Curious about the actual wait time and where the queue is really at?

nvmom

gtpinoy
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
How did the lines look today? Wait times?

VickiC
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
DisneyPnces, where are you in the queue that they are saying 1 to 2 hours? In other words, are there any landmarks that you are near so those of us who don't get to the parks that often can understand how long a 1-2 hour line is?

Thanks and have a great Voyage!

It won't be relevant to a normal operating day since the line this morning was forming away from the opening ceremonies.

AVP
06-11-2007, 01:10 PM
The queue right now starts at the Sumbarine Lagoon, has two switchbacks in Tomorrowland, wraps around the lagoon, has a switchback in Fantasia Gardens and ends on the terrace in "small world mall." It is not currently into ToonTown, and the CMs estimate the line to be anywhere from 2.5 - 4 hours because they just honestly don't know how fast a line that long will move. Once they've been open a few days they should have a better idea that a line out to X = a wait of Y. Right now they are guessing, and using the high end of the estimate just in case.

I interviewed a group who got into line around 11 and are not yet on the ride as of 10 minutes ago.

AVP

AVP
06-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Here's a photo (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/AdrienneVincentPhoenix/CIMG4985.jpg) of the queue in front of Nemo right now. It's a bit of a zoo. Bring your own shade.

AVP

MermaidHair
06-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Bring your own shade.

AVP

You would think they would have sympathy on the riders and put up some big patio-type umbrellas in the switchbacks. Wishfull thinking, I guess. In any event, I bet there is great energy and excitement in the air!

geoffa
06-11-2007, 01:33 PM
I've been lucky enough to see a video of this and it is just incredible. The clever interaction of the Nemo characters is really clever. The underwater scenes are definitely enhanced by the use of the glass that was incorporated into the landscaping. I don't think anyone will be disappointed by this makeover. It's extremely well done. Love the gulls on the buoy that keep calling out "Mine" Mine! Mine!"

Tinkermommy
06-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Does anybody know if the travelling sub is there today, and if so, if it will be there all day?

My daughter is trying to talk me into driving down to see it, but I hate to spend three-plus hours on the road if it's not there...help!

cstephens
06-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I interviewed a group who got into line around 11 and are not yet on the ride as of 10 minutes ago.

I'm not surprised that someone who got in line at 11am isn't on the ride yet. By that time, people had been getting in line for 3 hours, and the ride itself didn't open until noon.

At least it won't be sunny by the time we join the line tonight...

olegc
06-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Here's a photo (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/AdrienneVincentPhoenix/CIMG4985.jpg) of the queue in front of Nemo right now. It's a bit of a zoo. Bring your own shade.

AVP

I went to look (just like a rubbernecker on the freeway) since I came to buy the opening day pin. Not only is Nemo a 4 hour wait (according to the board) but the rest of the park is a zoo as well. Alice's switchback was stretched around then end near Matterhorn and down towards the restrooms.

The wait times were all well balanced (around 50 to 70 for most popular, 30 for others) but it just seems like the late 90s, early 2000s when ALL of the walkways were jampacked..

Oh, and the TV camera stand across the lagoon (and against Matterhorn) created an "interesting" single file choke point...

Tinkermommy
06-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Olegc, was the Nemo Dream Mobile there?

I've been on the phone for 30 minutes trying to find out, and am getting nowhere...

Thanks!

olegc
06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Olegc, was the Nemo Dream Mobile there?

I've been on the phone for 30 minutes trying to find out, and am getting nowhere...

Thanks!

It was SUPPOSED to be there - but it was not in the esplanade nor on the Downtown Disney side. Unfortunately I had limited time so I could not check all over to find out where it was.

It was scheduled for 6/10 and 6/11 (yesterday for media, today for public) but other than that I do not know...

Oleg

Tinkermommy
06-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Thank you for the info!

I finally ended up calling public relations. They said it was there, but then someone else yelled that it's not available to the public. They said they were getting it ready to go back on the road. And, of course, then my kid started crying, cuz she was sure she'd get to see it when it came to Disneyland.

Yeesh.

Niwel
06-11-2007, 03:15 PM
my friend texted me a screen shot of the ride board:

Peter Pan - 35
Matterhorn - 30
Small World - 5
Finding Nemo - 340

nursemelis374
06-11-2007, 03:21 PM
My friend just texted me that it is a zoo. The lines aren't hideous, but she says the walkways are horrible.

JadaB
06-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I am glad everyone is kind enough to give updates. We unfortunately planned our trip for this week before we knew that Nemo was going to open at the same time. Its nice to at least read these different posts so we can be prepared for long waits on everything!
We are very glad we didn't plan on riding Nemo while we are there! ;)

AVP
06-11-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm not surprised that someone who got in line at 11am isn't on the ride yet. By that time, people had been getting in line for 3 hours, and the ride itself didn't open until noon.I'd really like to know where the rest of my post went. The rest of the post was:

I interviewed a group who got into line around 11 and are not yet on the ride as of 10 minutes ago. They've made it all the way through the Tomorrowland set of switchbacks, so based on the previews they should be on in around 45 minutes. That would put their total wait at 3:45, but that does not take into consideration that the ride opened more than an hour after they got in line, and that people had been in line since 7am. The lines Tuesday and Wednesday will be better indicators.

AVP

Tinkermommy
06-11-2007, 03:30 PM
I called guest relations to confirm that the Dream Mobile is not there for the public, and after much conferring and checking, they confirmed it is not. They said it was there this morning, but only for the media. (Geez, the same media that has had the run of the park since Friday?)

They said the next stop will be in Las Vegas at 7 a.m. the day after tomorrow -- that there will be no stops between Anaheim and Las Vegas. (Which is a bummer, because I live between Disneyland and Las Vegas, and would happily invite them in for breakfast and a potty stop if they'd let my child see the darned thing...:p)

I'm so surprised that they sent the Dream Mobile all over the western states dragging people to Anaheim, and then wouldn't let the "unwashed masses" see it when it was "home." Except, of course, for the media.

If anybody hears of any Southern California stops, please post!

DisneyPnces
06-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Well... when they finally moved up the line after the ceremony this moring, I was in the switchback where the smoking section used to be... the subs opened at noon and I rode right about 1...

It was totally worth the wait! The only thing that bugged me was that the didn't get the real voices.

As for the rest of the park, it is super busy... I am currently in the line for splash, and it is all the way back to HM.