PDA

View Full Version : Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park guided tour

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
06-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Regarding the new DCA guided tour mentioned in this week's DLR update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070611xx), is that the Segway tour that's been talked about for so long? Hope so!

Niwel
06-11-2007, 08:59 AM
THAT would be awesome. I've always wanted to try one of those. I'm still waiting for them to include DCA on the Holidaytime tour, but this sounds like a lot of fun.

AVP
06-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes, it is the Segway tour.

AVP

cstephens
06-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Yay!!!!!!

("Interjections...")

Eighty8Keys
06-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Hooray! Does anyone know how much the tour is and when it is offered? We'll be down there in two weeks and I would love to be able to arrange for my dad to take the tour. It was the one thing he really, really wanted to do when the rumours about this tour were flying around in 2005.

AVP
06-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Hooray! Does anyone know how much the tour is and when it is offered? We'll be down there in two weeks and I would love to be able to arrange for my dad to take the tour. It was the one thing he really, really wanted to do when the rumours about this tour were flying around in 2005.
One of our readers booked the tour this morning and was able to get details that were not available at press time:

I booked my tour this morning as soon as I had read this and thought I'd mention a few things I found.
I was the very first reservation the tour operator had processed so it took almost 1/2 hour for me so hope that becomes smoother as more bookings
The ocst is $99 and A/P gets a $20 discount
Tours are only once a day, 7am, all day parking at Downtown Disney is provided. There are weight, ambulatory and some other physiological limitations and minimums. I don't remember them all exept no one under 16 years and, if under 18, an adult guardian must accompany.
Tour is limited to 20 people
You get a free group photo and opportunity to get an individual shot of yourself if desired.
Continental breakfast and a pin are provided.
That's all I can remember but thought this might help
Thank you to MousePlanet reader Jim for the info!

AVP

yenko427
06-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Does anyone have a clue what the tour entails, I mean I know it is new but just curious on the details.

Eighty8Keys
06-11-2007, 05:22 PM
One of our readers booked the tour this morning and was able to get details that were not available at press time:
Thank you to MousePlanet reader Jim for the info!

AVP

Thank you AVP and Jim for the details. My dad's celebrating his birthday during our trip and this will make a great present.

Drince88
06-11-2007, 07:50 PM
How long is the tour? The one at Epcot doesn't include food, and with either the AP or Disney Visa discount, that 2 hour tour is $72.

And what language is cruzin'? I mean, why put an appostrophe to indicate the missing g when cruzing isn't an English word? (Unless it's some reference to Penélope Cruz?)

Mermaid
06-11-2007, 09:24 PM
And what language is cruzin'? I mean, why put an appostrophe to indicate the missing g when cruzing isn't an English word? (Unless it's some reference to Penélope Cruz?)

Californian ;):p

Another Dimension
06-11-2007, 09:47 PM
And what language is cruzin'? I mean, why put an appostrophe to indicate the missing g when cruzing isn't an English word?
(Unless it's some reference
to Penélope Cruz?)

TDA probably still had a few barrels of 'hip & edgy' laying around backstage, that they were still trying to get rid of.

;)

gtpinoy
06-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Yes, it is the Segway tour.

AVP

Okay...I'm probably a lot behind, but Segway as in Segway Personal Transporation Vehicle Segway? I'm assuming you get to ride around on your own Personal Segway while the tour guide takes you around DCA?

AVP
06-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Okay...I'm probably a lot behind, but Segway as in Segway Personal Transporation Vehicle Segway? I'm assuming you get to ride around on your own Personal Segway while the tour guide takes you around DCA?You get to ride Disney's Segway while the tour guide takes you around DCA... ;) But yes, each person gets their a Segway - you aren't sharing them.

AVP

gtpinoy
06-12-2007, 10:20 AM
How long is the tour? The one at Epcot doesn't include food, and with either the AP or Disney Visa discount, that 2 hour tour is $72.

Just got off the phone with a Disney Representative and she stated that the tour is 3 hours long. They teach you how to use the Segway and then take you through an obstacle course. You then get to go to DCA prior to the park opening and get to tour around DCA using the Segways. Sounds really cool.

cstephens
06-12-2007, 03:03 PM
In thinking of the landscape of DCA, I'm trying to figure out what "natural" obstacle courses there are around the park. Epcot had a few pretty nifty ones in various countries. I think tooling around Bug's Land would be cool. The one hill near the launch of Screamin' should be fun and challenging - moreso if you go down rather than up. I'm also wondering where they're going to do the training. Maybe they'll set up in the Animation Building lobby. That would make sense to me.

Another Dimension
06-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Maybe the training portion will be in the old Millionaire building?

limace
06-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Okay...I'm probably a lot behind, but Segway as in Segway Personal Transporation Vehicle Segway? I'm assuming you get to ride around on your own Personal Segway while the tour guide takes you around DCA?

For some reason, this just cracked me up. I had this vision of four or five guests all clinging to one Segway...then, of course, had to think of the brother on Arrested Development who had a Segway and would always run over people in it.

Maybe that's the obstacle course they are talking about-slow moving guests. :D

We're going to be there in July for the Cisco conference-I wonder if this will be super-popular with all the other computer guys?

Califgirl
06-17-2007, 10:27 PM
I'll be doing this tour on Friday morning. I'll let you all know how it is when I get back!

Another Dimension
06-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Have fun! :cool:

Califgirl
06-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Woo Hoo!

I took this tour Friday the 22nd and it was a blast! Here's some info:

All Participants on the Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park Tour must meet the following:

Guests must be at least 16 years old
Guests under 18 must have a legal guardian on the Tour
Guest must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds
Guests must be able to maintain lateral (side to side) balance
Guest must comply with all instructions and warnings
Guest must be wearing closed toe shoes (athletic shoes recommended)

Your tour experience may be cancelled at any time at the sole discretion of the Tour Guide due to inclement weather or advese conditions. The Tour Guide may also end a Guest's experience at any time due to unsafe behavior or failure to follow directions. In case of cancellation, the tour may be rescheduled or refunded. Tours cancelled due to Guest misbehavior will not be refunded.

On the day of your Tour, park in the Downtown Disney District parking lot off of Magic Way. Parking for the day is included in the tour price. You will meet your Guides at Guest Relations Window located behind the letter "C" in front of Disney's California Adventure Park. Tour will depart on time; Guests will not be refunded for arriving late.

You can book the tour by calling (714) 781-4400

The tour price is $99 or $79 for Annual Passholders. The price includes all day parking at DTD (the only parking lot open before 7am) a light breakfast, (muffins, fruit, coffee or juice), a 3 hour tour that teaches you how to ride the segway and then takes you through the ENTIRE DCA (amazing!), and you also receive a group photo and a special DCA Segway pin.

Here's a pic of two of the DISDivas (sans green feather boas) on our Segways.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j167/Califgirl_photos/Cruisin%20DCA/DCASegway013a2.jpg

Tink33 (Lesley) and Califgirl (Chris) on the Segway Tour

Feel free to post if you have any questions. This tour was a blast!
Ok, thanks for merging the threads, I couldn't find this 'old' one. ;)

Training was done outside in the Hollywood section over by Monsters Inc and the Millionaire building. You got a tour through the entire DCA park which was very cool. No purses were allowed, as you can't have anything hanging around your neck. These Segways don't have the 'baskets' that the Epcot ones do. We ended up getting a locker for our stuff.

The old man
06-24-2007, 07:05 AM
It seems that the only point of this is to ride a Segway. It's no big deal to see an empty DCA before opening because you can see a nearly empty one frequently during park hours. :)

You can rent these in many towns, like here in San Diego. You get to go on your own and actually sight see.

Clotho
06-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Well, I assume you are getting some trivia and details you wouldn't have the rest of the time. And there is novelty in the location--when else could you ride a Segway there? We have rented Segways in Seattle before, but WHERE you ride has a lot to do with the fun. This sounds great...EXCEPT for the require 7am check in to eat their breakfast. I would rather eat breakfast on my own and meet an hour later, personally. 7am sucks!

I bet the area around Bear Mountain is a fun one to ride around!

Another Dimension
06-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Sounds like a fun tour... thanks for the report and the further info! :cool:

...and oh yeah.. those minimal wait times at some theme parks are just horrible, eh?!? :rolleyes:

Califgirl
06-24-2007, 01:24 PM
It seems that the only point of this is to ride a Segway. It's no big deal to see an empty DCA before opening because you can see a nearly empty one frequently during park hours. :)

You can rent these in many towns, like here in San Diego. You get to go on your own and actually sight see.

Actually it is a tour, with guides giving you info and trivia about the places and attractions you are seeing. The nice thing is, you are riding a Segway instead of walking all over the park, and you don't have to dodge other guests, since the park is all yours at the time. (Which is really nice!) I will say that after the tour, the lines to get into DCA were quite long, and there was already a nice wait at Soarin'.

I know that Coronado has Segway tours and that is a great place to ride and sight see, but it's still not Disney!

charwac
06-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Hello all,

I am trying to find some information on the new Segway Tours at California Adventure. I could not find anything on Disney's site.

Thanks,
Charlene