PDA

View Full Version : The Nemo [Subs at Disneyland] ride for larger people

TheYeti
06-10-2007, 07:07 PM
We are traveling with some friends of ours in August and I was a little concerned about the Nemo ride for one of our friends. He is a big guy between 320 and 350 pounds depending on time of year and he was really looking forward to the Nemo ride. Now he has had some tight squeezes before, Space Mountain and even Indiana Jones is tight but he fits just has to take a deep breath.

Can someone who has been lucky enough to have already been on the ride tell me if you think he may have issues? The subs seem awfully small and I am afraid he may get embarrassed if he waits in line and can’t actually ride because he is too big. He wears a 44 waist but is only around 6’1” tall. What is the loading like? How wide are the seats? If I have to I would talk to him ahead of time, just don’t want anything to ruin our day at the park.

Thanks in advance!

avalosn
06-11-2007, 09:34 AM
I also know someone who is on the larger side and wants to get on Nemo. I went on it and I have to say, the staircase is kind of steep and narrow. A larger individual may have a little bit of a hard time getting down. Also, the seats are on the small side.

I am 5'2, 165 lbs. and six months preggo, while my boyfriend is 6'1 and about 185 lbs, with really long legs. He had issues getting on the sub because of his height. I was okay because I am short.

We both fit in the seats fine but he had to put his legs to the side because it was tight if he had his legs in front of him. I think it might be snug for someone who is on the larger side if they get one of the seats in the middle.....

asherspark
06-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Hey there!

I'm 6'2" and about 275 and had no trouble with the Nemo ride. I had to be a little careful going down the stairs and had to curl my back a bit to see completely out of the porthole, but I didn't find it to be any more of a hassle than anything else is at my size. Everything is a *bit* snug.

Take care! And by the way, it's awesome!!!

Crazy4DL
06-27-2007, 06:30 PM
I am very much on the larger size, older and have a really bad knee but was still able to get on the Nemo ride twice with no troubles.

One hint - if you are with little kids, sit one on each side of you and that way you aren't spilling over onto a strangers seat. ;)

The stairs have tons of rails to hold on to which made it very easy for me to go up and down even with my bad knee. :)

We someone lucked out and around 10 on morning went to check out Nemo and there was literally no one in the handicapped line - and since we had scooters we could use that line.

Another morning we hurried over as the park opened and again walked right on in the scooter line.

AVP
06-27-2007, 06:57 PM
One hint - if you are with little kids, sit one on each side of you and that way you aren't spilling over onto a strangers seat. ;)You can also ask to board 1st or last, so you're on the end of the row and have more room on one side. (If you manage it right you can also get the 10th or 11th seat, which are the two on either side of the driver with a space between them, but it's a little harder to pull that off)

AVP

Mermaid
07-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Good to know. Thanks for the tips!

nmjohnston874
07-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I am very much on the larger size, older and have a really bad knee but was still able to get on the Nemo ride twice with no troubles.

One hint - if you are with little kids, sit one on each side of you and that way you aren't spilling over onto a strangers seat. ;)

The stairs have tons of rails to hold on to which made it very easy for me to go up and down even with my bad knee. :)

We someone lucked out and around 10 on morning went to check out Nemo and there was literally no one in the handicapped line - and since we had scooters we could use that line.

Another morning we hurried over as the park opened and again walked right on in the scooter line.

Scooter line? I was under the impression the Nemo que was entirely HA.