PDA

View Full Version : Crowds for next week?

socabch
06-20-2002, 01:49 PM
O.K. All you CM's, I need your help on picking a day. The girls and I are driving up next week. What day do you think will be less crowded? Schools in SD just got out on the 17th everyone is off this week but next week summer school starts for some kids. Do you think summer school will make an impact on crowds? We haven't been to DLR since the end of March so I need my fix.

Desparately seeking Mickey!!! ;)

Uncle Dick
06-20-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by socabch
O.K. All you CM's, I need your help on picking a day. The girls and I are driving up next week. What day do you think will be less crowded? Schools in SD just got out on the 17th everyone is off this week but next week summer school starts for some kids. Do you think summer school will make an impact on crowds? We haven't been to DLR since the end of March so I need my fix.

Desparately seeking Mickey!!! ;)
Well, tonight's the last Grad Nite so I think it's safe to say that the summer season has officially started making just about every day pretty darn crowded. I was in the park today and it wasn't too bad (although Splash FP was gone by 1:30). You might want to try a Tues, Wed or Thurs.

Ace
06-20-2002, 06:10 PM
what about next monday?

RandomCM
06-20-2002, 06:54 PM
Well, to be honest .. we are in our PEAK season. I usually tell peopel that Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the best to come, but when it is the summer. IT IS BUSY!! No matter what time, or what day. It is!! I am not saying .. "Don't Go!" I am just saying, if you DO go, expect it to be busy. Expect that you might be there for hours and hours and you might only be able to go on a few attractions. And please remember, it is NOT the CM's fault that it is busy and you didn't get to ride anything, and there are HUGE possibilites that whit the many, many people and the heat, tnesions are high and atractions are machines and they will breakdown from time to time. Please don't loose your cool. go get some ice cream and sit on a curb and people watch and enjoy your day. There is MORE to DL then the attractions!! WAY MORE!! Once again, go there prepared to wait in a 2 to 2 1/2 hr. line for rides like Splash Mt. OK?? Usually if you go there with it already in your mind, it's not so hard to swollow!!:)

socabch
06-20-2002, 07:32 PM
QUOTE]And please remember, it is NOT the CM's fault that it is busy and you didn't get to ride anything,[/QUOTE]

Don't worry I never blame CM's for things that are out of their control. I was hoping the crowds might be less than previous years. Because we go so often I am pretty relaxed about not getting on all the rides. I've been going to DLR for years, but I usually avoid mid June to the end of July because most people take vacation then. I need to get there before July 10th to renew our AP's so I can get the discount with mail-in form. I can't believe I waited from the end of March till now to start getting my need "DLR NOW" voice in my head. :D

Sounds like maybe Wednesday.

Ace
06-20-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by RandomCM
And please remember, it is NOT the CM's fault that it is busy and you didn't get to ride anything, and there are HUGE possibilites that whit the many, many people and the heat, tnesions are high and atractions are machines and they will breakdown from time to time.

it's ALWAYS the CM's FAULT!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Uncle Dick
06-25-2002, 09:46 PM
The crowds have been very nice this week. The Matterhorn had a 10 minute line today at 6 pm. I rode it twice in a row within a 20 min time period. Star Tours has been a walk on and during the Parade of the Stars last Sunday, the Astro Orbiter line dropped down to a walk on.

socabch
06-26-2002, 06:10 AM
Uncle Dick,

Thanks for the update. We are leaving in about 20 min so I thought I'd check and there you are with good news. :D

disguy
06-26-2002, 08:16 AM
I will be there next Thursday,Fri,Sat so I know what I'm in for but I also have saved a bunch of front row passes I got from guest relations :) so if I can't use fast pass I'll use that! :)